Traffic Anarchy

tamias6

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure, but I would like to legally run red lights if there is no cross-traffic. It seems like that's legal in much of the rest of the world. It would probably cut down on some congestion and save gas too.

You can certainly go too far I imagine. In Korea it's common for motorcyclists to ride on the sidewalk to avoid traffic. For the most part it seems fine, but I could easily see how that could cause problems.

-nb

Yah, because we'd get used to the feeling. Eventually, we would trick ourselves and that's when things happen. You drive down a road everyday to work. Sure there's a spike pointing at you from the steering column, but what fun would it be to constantly worry about? You'd get so ingrained into the commute that you would forget being safe. Same reason given for the seatbelt.

I think the problem is that we allow ourselves to drive as if everyone around us is looking out for our safety. "I'll drive how I want to drive, but everyone else must stay within the lines and signal."

Yah, because we'd get used to the feeling. Eventually, we would trick ourselves and that's when things happen. You drive down a road everyday to work. Sure there's a spike pointing at you from the steering column, but what fun would it be to constantly worry about? You'd get so ingrained into the commute that you would forget being safe. Same reason given for the seatbelt.

I think the problem is that we allow ourselves to drive as if everyone around us is looking out for our safety. "I'll drive how I want to drive, but everyone else must stay within the lines and signal."

Archived