Grand Rapids' next signature shot

evac311

This has already been mentioned, but I thought it might be interesting to see where you think the next "signature" shot of GR's skyline will be. I think the old one was the picture taken from bridgewater place looking southeast. It was the background at WoodTV and could be found many other places as well. We won't be seeing a new skyline backdrop on the news for a couple years, but when we do, I think the hill overlooking the John Ball neighborhood from I-196 would be it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhat related, is anybody with some photographic and Photoshop skills interested in making some wallpapers for our desktops? Essentially I'd like to see some nice wide shots formatted to fit a variety of screens. Personally, I have two 1680 x 1050 screens, so something that would span two screens would be nice. Check this site as an example of what I'm looking for.

I wouldn't mind the next signature shot to look similar to this.

A shot of my 3-D model of DT looking from the S-Curve's north bound lanes just before crossing over the Grand River.

stockmodelofdtgrandrapien1.th.jpg

From Left to right are:

The new River House condos (under construction), the JW Marriot (under construction) with the Amway Grand Plaza tower behind, The Plaza Tower

Archived