Arkansas Music Pavilion

masons_dad1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice looking design. They have it in front of what looks like a lake. Any ideas where exactly in Rogers this is going to be? I'm disappointed Fayetteville couldn't do more to keep it but I had a hunch it was going to end up moving to Benton County.

My guess is Pleasant Crossing on the pond that's supposed to be surrounded by restaurants. It would be an ideal location especially with the Sports & Entertainment Arena proposed for PC. I'm not sure how the AMP and the Arena could work together in the same city if both are supposed to be bringing in concerts?

Very impressive design but I have to say that I am not happy about something else moving from Fayetteville to Rogers. We have been the major music scene in the area forever and there is really no reason that they could not find a spot somewhere in Fayetteville. :angry:

I changed the topic to include the "possibility" that the AMP is moving to Rogers, simply because the only information I have on it is the architectural firms renders of the "proposed" AMP in Rogers. It would kinda suck for Fayetteville to lose the AMP, but I guess with NWA Mall being "the old mall" it would be hard to sell to artists expecting to play in the "hot spot" of NWA.

My guess is Pleasant Crossing on the pond that's supposed to be surrounded by restaurants. It would be an ideal location especially with the Sports & Entertainment Arena proposed for PC. I'm not sure how the AMP and the Arena could work together in the same city if both are supposed to be bringing in concerts?

I changed the topic to include the "possibility" that the AMP is moving to Rogers, simply because the only information I have on it is the architectural firms renders of the "proposed" AMP in Rogers. It would kinda suck for Fayetteville to lose the AMP, but I guess with NWA Mall being "the old mall" it would be hard to sell to artists expecting to play in the "hot spot" of NWA.

Artists do not care what-so-ever where they play in a city, all they care about is playing in a big enough venue that will hold alot of people. These Outdoor Pavillons are a big draw during the summer for major artits because they don't have to rent the huge arena and charge an arm and a leg for tickets. The Pavillion's give a low number of chairback seats and then the rest sit in the grass for a really fun a crazy time. This AMP would be great for NWA because I guaruntee that it would bring in those major artists that NWA is wanting.

:offtopic:

So I was in Fayetteville last week and went down to Dickson with my friend. Great selection of Bars but where was the music. I keep hearing that Dickson is the "place" in NWA for live music but all I saw was a couple of bars with some mediocre musicians. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought weekends are normally the place to be in downtowns or in Fayetteville's case Dickson Street. Can anyone tell me where to go to hear some good music when I make my next trip down there?

Artists do not care what-so-ever where they play in a city, all they care about is playing in a big enough venue that will hold alot of people. These Outdoor Pavillons are a big draw during the summer for major artits because they don't have to rent the huge arena and charge an arm and a leg for tickets. The Pavillion's give a low number of chairback seats and then the rest sit in the grass for a really fun a crazy time. This AMP would be great for NWA because I guaruntee that it would bring in those major artists that NWA is wanting.

The proposed Rogers AMP would be the same size as the "former" Fayetteville AMP. It may be a mute point since other than a few renders and a small description on the developer's website this is just a rumour that I started. The reality is that the AMP would not do well in Rogers if the proposed Sports & Entertainment Arena is built. What artist would pay less rent for 2,500 tickets when they can make a killing off a crowd of 9,000+? But then are there really 9,000+ people in NWA that would pay $50 to go see Rick Springfield??? :huh:

Very impressive design but I have to say that I am not happy about something else moving from Fayetteville to Rogers. We have been the major music scene in the area forever and there is really no reason that they could not find a spot somewhere in Fayetteville. :angry:

Fayetteville is where the college music scene is! you can't move from there to Rogers!

I'm serious....

The potential for creativity in Fayetteville is so much higher...

:offtopic:

So I was in Fayetteville last week and went down to Dickson with my friend. Great selection of Bars but where was the music. I keep hearing that Dickson is the "place" in NWA for live music but all I saw was a couple of bars with some mediocre musicians. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought weekends are normally the place to be in downtowns or in Fayetteville's case Dickson Street. Can anyone tell me where to go to hear some good music when I make my next trip down there?

You should really check out some of Fayetteville's live music websites before heading to Dickson Street expecting great live music every weekend.

Here's some websites:

Nightflying Major Concerts

Nightflying Club Calendar - Fayetteville

George's Majestic Lounge

Live @ JR's: The Dickson Theater

Scarpino Teatro & Gelateria

The Ice House of Bentonville

The Bayou of Rogers

The proposed Rogers AMP would be the same size as the "former" Fayetteville AMP. It may be a mute point since other than a few renders and a small description on the developer's website this is just a rumour that I started. The reality is that the AMP would not do well in Rogers if the proposed Sports & Entertainment Arena is built. What artist would pay less rent for 2,500 tickets when they can make a killing off a crowd of 9,000+? But then are there really 9,000+ people in NWA that would pay $50 to go see Rick Springfield??? :huh:

Most of these Pavillon's have a number of chairbacks seats and then a HUGE lawn for about triple the actual seats there are. That is why I say that, but I guess I this Amp will not have any lawn or hillside for that. Why do you think that in bigger cities like STL or KC alway's have there Pavillon's booked throughtout the spring/summer/fall? Yes, these arena's are very, very popular for shows to say the least, I'm just stating why these outdoor Pavillon's are so popular.

Most of these Pavillon's have a number of chairbacks seats and then a HUGE lawn for about triple the actual seats there are. That is why I say that, but I guess I this Amp will not have any lawn or hillside for that. Why do you think that in bigger cities like STL or KC alway's have there Pavillon's booked throughtout the spring/summer/fall? Yes, these arena's are very, very popular for shows to say the least, I'm just stating why these outdoor Pavillon's are so popular.

Yeah, Riverfront Ampitheater in Little Rock's like that. They have 3 times as many ticketholders as seats for big concerts on the river like Widespread Panic. People just bring beach towels or blankets and sit on the hillside and watch the show.

The AMP: Arkansas Music Pavilion is possibly relocating to an undisclosed location in Rogers. The 2500-seat outdoor pavilion would sit on the boardwalk of a new development that will contain restaurants and retail businesses.

Renders of the proposed new AMP:

318503435_1847b2226b_o.jpg

318503434_364959d1d4_o.jpg

318503436_d2564cdb0a_o.jpg

I'm almost 100% sure this is the ampitheatre that Talley announced would be with the Arena. Plus, it's right across from the pond that's suppose to be in Pleasant Crossing.

I still would have liked to seen this in Downtown Fayetteville, but land costs and availability of land was probably a problem. Not to mention they probably wanted it close to the Interstate.

They weren't going to stay at the NWA Mall. It doesn't have anything to do really on how the mall is doing. They've been wanting a permanent location and are finally doing it. They mentioned checking out options in Benton County and Fayetteville. But with so much going on Benton County I had a feeling they might pick a location somewhere up there.

They weren't going to stay at the NWA Mall. It doesn't have anything to do really on how the mall is doing. They've been wanting a permanent location and are finally doing it. They mentioned checking out options in Benton County and Fayetteville. But with so much going on Benton County I had a feeling they might pick a location somewhere up there.

I agree, it doesn't have anything to do with how well NWA Mall is doing. In fact I'm still waiting to see some good news from Macerich about NWA Mall. There's a lot going on with Macerich malls, but not even one word about NWA Mall... YET! Anyway, I don't think the AMP moving to Rogers will have any impact on Fayetteville's music scene since the AMP is pretty much just travelling shows of subpar performers, whereas Fayetteville still dominates the live local music scene. I wouldn't worry too much about the gossip that Fayetteville is losing it's local bands because between Little Rock and Fayetteville there's quite a few bands that move back and forth. I mean just check out Nightflying Club Calendar: Fayetteville. Sure Fayetteville's music scene isn't as big as Little Rock, but it's still the 2nd best in the state.

Hey Mike, is something wrong with your flickr account? I can't see your pictures anymore.

Hope he didn't run out of room. I learned that the hard way on flickr. I wondered how much space I had left but never got a message saying I had run out. I finally learned after I passed my limit every time I uploaded a new pic it was deleting my old pics.

Hope he didn't run out of room. I learned that the hard way on flickr. I wondered how much space I had left but never got a message saying I had run out. I finally learned after I passed my limit every time I uploaded a new pic it was deleting my old pics.

That's why I use photobucket. You can post somewhere up to 10,000 images free.

Mike if there's a way you saved these to your computer, could you PM me this pics?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Apparently the owners of George's now are part owners of the AMP. Sounds like they'll use their contacts and expertise to help bring in bigger acts for the AMP.

Good. George's has one of the best (consistent) music scenes in NWA. They'll get some relatively recognizable names in there occasionally too, but they get a lot of artists on their upstart too, and tend to get enough variety in types of music to keep people happy.

Archived