Applegate Hills

masons_dad1

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure it reminds me of E Fay Jones really. But I do think it looks pretty interesting. Also nice to hear about some mixed-use developments and neighborhoods up in Benton County. Hopefully they'll be able to follow through with this. I'm pretty sure I've already heard people complaining about this development though.

Well yeah but it also seems that they're trying to glorify a fairly standard mixed-use development. Maybe its just them trying to make the pill easier to swallow for neighboring residents, although I guess many NU principals are reminicent of older upper-class shopping areas such as Rodeo or CC Plaza in Kansas City. Still, Ruskin Heights, though much less commercial, seems much more appealing to me than this. A little too Dallas for me.

Thanks for posting this, I was wondering what the development was supposed to look like, particularly because of the nearby residents' concerns. Now I see why-- it's plopped right in the middle of surrounding neighborhoods.

I think the Applegate area is a great location. It's so close to Wal-Mart HQ (though not necessarily this particular development). Plus, when they extend 8th St, there is all that great developable land sitting right across from Applegate and Wal-Mart. It could become a second CBD, with resturants, shopping, offices, etc.

This is far from being a done deal, though, right? It was tabled last week, I thought, at the open meeting. I'm really torn on this one. I would love to see this kind of development in Bentonville, but not at Applegate. It's such a beautiful residential area with a lot of character, and I don't know that I want to see this thing plopped down in the middle of it. If I lived within a mile or two, I know I would be kicking and screaming.

This is far from being a done deal, though, right? It was tabled last week, I thought, at the open meeting. I'm really torn on this one. I would love to see this kind of development in Bentonville, but not at Applegate. It's such a beautiful residential area with a lot of character, and I don't know that I want to see this thing plopped down in the middle of it. If I lived within a mile or two, I know I would be kicking and screaming.

Archived