Poor Road Conditions Worsen

goodbye

I know I have mentioned this at least a couple of times recently, but Greenville's roads are in great need of maintanence and expansion, but the idiotic State government (especially our *! governor, Mark Sanford) is allowing them to continue deteriorating. Check out the articles on GreenvilleOnline.com for more confirmation of this fact. If he would show at least an equal amount of concern for roads (or anything else) in the Upstate, I would not be so outspoken against his ridiculous tricks. He is certainly on a mission to get things done in his own backyard.

Greenville County Roads Worsen

Truckers say Sanford idea to back up traffic 'silly'

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While these concerns are justified, I think its important to recognize that the Governor has no control over DOT, so you can't really blame him for their lackings. Once again our all-knowing legislature has failed us.

Did anyone read the articles in the Gville News recently about the DOT audit? They got slammed pretty hard....

Skyliner, I'm certain that there are significant needs as far as the roads go in Greenville County, but the DOT doesn't even answer to the governor; as of now the agency seems to have been running buck wild (and Sanford has been pushing for restructuring state government which would give the governor more authority in such areas; as of now, the governor is little more than a figurehead). I have yet to see some evidence that would imply that Sanford is only concerned about the Lowcountry (and maybe the Midlands) while sending the rest of the state to hell in a handbasket. I bet you wouldn't say that if a Rolls Royce facility were to locate in the Upstate. ;)

I know I have mentioned this at least a couple of times recently, but Greenville's roads are in great need of maintanence and expansion, but the idiotic State government (especially our *! governor, Mark Sanford) is allowing them to continue deteriorating. Check out the articles on GreenvilleOnline.com for more confirmation of this fact. If he would show at least an equal amount of concern for roads (or anything else) in the Upstate, I would not be so outspoken against his ridiculous tricks. He is certainly on a mission to get things done in his own backyard.

Greenville County Roads Worsen

Truckers say Sanford idea to back up traffic 'silly'

Poor Road conditions are not strictly in the upstate. The Governor doesn't control DOT anyway, as has been mentioned here.

There is going to be a push to raise the gas tax to pay for some improvements. Unfortunately, it probably won't go far. Our "read my lips, no new taxes" mentality in the legislature won't allow it. So take the money you save on having the lowest gas tax in the country, to pay for all the additional Wheel alignments you will need. Besides, it helps to keep you alert on the road, when you have to watch out for the potholes.

Here's an article from The Greenville News about Woodruff Rd traffic and the new task force looking at ways to alleviate the congestion. GOOD LUCK! :lol:

Link

Interesting quote...

Jim Bourey, Greenville city manager, said the city initiated the latest study because it's not satisfied with the DOT's efforts.

"The state has never taken a look at all of Woodruff Road, and it's pretty clear that isn't going to happen, so we decided we needed to provide the leadership," Bourey said.

What really makes me angry is the fact that I pay the DOT through taxes, and then have to keep paying for repairs on my vehicles due to their inability to maintain the roads I helped pay for. And I am only one citizen of this state. The same is true for everyone else who has to drive our roads very often. :angry:

Archived