Recent Film Production (Movies, TV Shows, etc)

What has been filmed in Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Alaska, etc recently?

Here's a current list of some movies, tv shows, etc that are being filmed/produced in Hawaii now or have been in 2005-2006:

CURRENT PRODUCTIONS

DOG: THE BOUNTY HUNTER (A&E)

Reality series featuring the colorful adventures of a local bounty hunter. Airs on A&E. Feb 2004 to present on Oahu.

ISLAND FEVER (MTV)

New reality series that depicts the relationship dramas and traumas of a group of young folks. August 2006 to present on Maui.

LIVING LAHAINA (MTV)

New reality series that follows the adventures of surf instructors at Lahaina's Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy. August 2006 to present on Maui.

LOST (Touchstone Television/ABC)

Hit sci-fi/adventure drama series about a group of castaways stranded on a strange island after a plane crash. Airs Wednesdays at 9/8c on ABC. Mar 2004 to present on Oahu.

Production Office: Grass Skirt Productions: (808) 733-2100 tel, (808) 733-2177 fax

RECENT PRODUCTIONS

SOAP TALK IN PARADISE (SoapNet)

Several episodes of national talk show. September 2006 on Oahu.

ANTIQUES ROADSHOW (PBS)

Popular PBS series in which art and antiques experts appraise the artifacts, trinkets, and keepsakes of ordinary people. August 2006 on Oahu.

LAS VEGAS (NBC) - Two episodes for the premiere of drama series' fourth season. Jul 2006 on Oahu.

SUPERGATOR - Sci-fi feature film starring Kelly McGillis. Jun 2006 on Kauai.

HOUSE HUNTERS (HGTV) - Cameras follow families and individuals as they hunt for a new home. Episode shot Jun 2006 on Oahu.

SMITH (CBS) - Pilot episode. May 2006 on Oahu.

STUNT JUNKIES (Discovery Channel) - "Shark Swoop" episode. May 2006 on Oahu.

TRUE LIFE (MTV) - "I'm Moving to Vegas" episode . May 2006 on Maui.

DANTE'S COVE (Here Network) - Season 2 of soapy drama series. Apr 2006 on Oahu.

"WHY YOU WANNA

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I guess the tax credits are really good one of the most generous in the country if they can qualify for the technology tax credit called ACT 221 (i think?). There will be more going on in the near future i believe once the new film studios/sound stages are built by some company from LA.

^I guess the tax credits are really good one of the most generous in the country if they can qualify for the technology tax credit called ACT 221 (i think?). There will be more going on in the near future i believe once the new film studios/sound stages are built by some company from LA.

The state has really attracted a lot of movies, shows, commercials etc over the years the list of movies filmed or partly filmed in the islands is very extensive.

Here's a link to a list of movies that have been filmed in Hawaii: http://www.hawaiifilmoffice.com/movie-archive.htm

***The list doesn't seem to include foreign production though, because i know that Univision, South Korean and Japanese productions have taken place in the islands.

Here's a list of some TV production:

http://www.hawaiifilmoffice.com/tv-archive.htm

That is a really good amount of movies, 35 since 2000. That is great, is it ever really hectic because of the filming, we had 5 movies, plus 2 shows going, and there were sets everywhere and stuff blocked off all the time. Also a lot of money to be made though :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived