Millerville Development

BayouCapitalCity

I'm not sure if economic outlook was why they pulled out, but I'm not upset that the development isn't going there.   It was a weird place for it.  They are actually hinting that there was some kind of nonsense with state government.   I'm not sure what it could have been.  

Not just Baton Rouge, but nationwide.....a lot of restaurants and retailers are backing away from plans to expand.

Edited by cajun

I think that type of store is better a little bit further out.. I actually think across the river in WBR is probably more ideal for them so this may be a good thing. 

Bucees is building on all the major freeways just outside of the DFW suburbs including one not very far from where I live. They are massive and people plan their travel plans to stop. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the head's up Bayou Capitol City  :shades:

Millerville Road  is a mess north of I-12...the temporary orange barrel's  do NOT need to overstay their welcome at multiple sections...

The "Do Not Enter" Sign on top of barrel was turned in WRONG DIRECTION at South Flannery/Office Depot/Lowe's...Thankfully  crisis averted & no Head-on-Collisions happened in the suicide (5th/middle) lane ...as a call was made to Dept of Public Works by me & another....little cement islands should be on the way hopefully soon enough

They really Goofed with that intersection design....Too bad it was too late for me at City Council Meeting (10 years ago?)...as the Development already been laid out on paper.....& they dismissed the idea..they are sorry now~! <_<

AND the Orange Barrel's at the "Re-configured" intersection at Millerville Greens/Super Target...North bound traffic can no longer get to Gas station w/o having to make illegal "U Turn"....its a real cluster...

ON a SIDE NOTE....That West-bound On-Ramp is really a breath of fresh air ! :D

Edited by richyb83

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice, so it looks like it'll be Zoe's, GNC, and Pacific Denistry. Zoe's is good!

Zoës Kitchen, other retailers coming to new Millerville Road shopping center

ALEXANDRIA BURRIS
March 8, 2017

Zoës Kitchen is among several tenants coming to a new 6,000-square-foot shopping center under construction at 2001 Millerville Road, near Interstate 12.

In a news release, Brentwood, Tennessee-based developer GBT Realty Corporation says the unanchored shopping center is already 100% leased, and is expected to open later this year. Pacific Dental and GNC will join Zoës Kitchen there, the company says.

https://www.businessreport.com/article/zoes-kitchen-retailers-coming-new-millerville-road-shopping-center

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 6:06 PM, dan326 said:

Nice, so it looks like it'll be Zoe's, GNC, and Pacific Denistry. Zoe's is good!

Zoës Kitchen, other retailers coming to new Millerville Road shopping center

ALEXANDRIA BURRIS
March 8, 2017

Zoës Kitchen is among several tenants coming to a new 6,000-square-foot shopping center under construction at, near Interstate 12.

In a news release, Brentwood, Tennessee-based developer GBT Realty Corporation says the unanchored shopping center is already 100% leased, and is expected to open later this year. Pacific Dental and GNC will join Zoës Kitchen there, the company says.

https://www.businessreport.com/article/zoes-kitchen-retailers-coming-new-millerville-road-shopping-center

Zoe's is legit.   They often seem to open up near Targets.....so I guess they go after the same type of customer.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, BayouCapitalCity said:

I'm hearing the car dealership will break ground this coming July. I'm also hearing rumors of Rouses going in where Buccees was supposed to go. 

I sure hope so! It makes sense too since they are really one of the only big retailers expanding in BR.

Don't laugh at me too much because I know the very low likelihood but maybe Jcpennys'll here?

Edited by dan326

2 hours ago, BayouCapitalCity said:

I see dirt being moved behind the Target. Any idea what's going on? Also I see the apartment complex across the interstate is expanding. 

Just now, richyb83 said:

Zoe's Kitchen ; GNC; & Dental office.....

Interesting because a New Dental office is going up across Millerville Rd next to Zaxby's

Had heard rumors of the Rouse's Supermarket going into the Green's at Millerville development...wonder if it really happens?

With the next phase of the Lakeside Villas being built...this I-12/Millerville area is really becoming a regional destination...Wonder how the Buccee's would have done? There's some bummed out people knowing their staying in Texas.

The light in front of Lowe's is temporary; will move north to the next block at South Flannery/Office Depot  when they get the $$

Edited by richyb83

I had gotten used to the idea of Buccees and was disappointed when they had decided not to build.

It's incredible how things change. With the current retail scene I can only imagine residential going up behind Target. Maybe garden homes or the cancelled apartments from Millerville Greens?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/2/2017 at 12:48 PM, BayouCapitalCity said:

Any idea of the holdup on the builds of the car and RV dealerships?

Good question on delay; fairly Dry Fall season in BR...But  now they have been "moving dirt" the past few weeks on Richard's Honda at Millerville Greens/I-12

Lakeside Villas Phase II has been going up fast (SE Quadrant I-12/Millerville)

Not sure why the heavy equipment is still behind Super Target...thought they had been prepping more land?

The vacant Jiffy Lube at Old Hammond Hwy/Millerville Rd.  is becoming a new EMS substation  (article says vacant 10 years; has not been that long)  This property was hard hit by the Flood

#announcement from back in Sept.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_c0b8f1e6-930e-11e7-8102-7f00a80528d2.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hadn't heard of the term "Super Street before"....here is their explanation....Millerville Road north of I-12 is one big mess!

What is a super street? "a restricted crossing U-turn (RCUT), J-turn, or reduced conflict intersection, is a type of road intersection that is a variation of the Michigan left. In this configuration, traffic on the minor road is not permitted to proceed straight across the major road or highway." (What we have on Airline Hwy for Siegen Lane Traffic is an example-see image for visual)

If you want to voice your concerns please try to attend the meeting - THIS is how you ensure your elected officials know your thoughts & wants.

"Councilman Buddy Amoroso will host a District 8 Community Meeting on Thursday, March 22, 2018. The meeting will take place at the Jones Creek Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road, Meeting Room 2, from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. All District 8 constituents and community stakeholders are invited to attend.

The focus of the meeting will be the Millerville Corridor Superstreet Conversion consisting of two phases, S. Flannery to Millerville Greens Blvd. and S. Flannery to Old Hammond Highway.

https://nextdoor.com/events/la/baton-rouge/did-you-know-that-millerville-flannery-may-become-super-streets-1956023

Edited by richyb83