Millerville Development

BayouCapitalCity

On 10/4/2022 at 8:45 PM, richyb83 said:

The 4 acre mini Millerville forest was cleared last week next to the old Miller Village  shopping center )Delchamps/GNC/Rite Aid/Dance Studio; Billiards ; Chinese restaurant etc. That has been devoured by a Self Storage complex.   Seemed that 4 acres would stay heavily wooded forever . 

Wonder what might be built there?

Also just down the road on Old Hammond Hwy  1 mile to the East across from the YMCA another tract of wooded land is being cleared .

Amazon HQ3? :)

Same owner as a lot of vacant land zoned for retail around Jefferson, Burbank, etc.   I think they are associated with this Life Storage chain: https://www.brookwoodpropertiesllc.com/

And as far as the old shopping center that you are talking about - I cant believe that EBR would approve a storage center there that includes RV parking without landscaping buffers between the street and the parking.

Edited by cajun
  • Sad 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:01 PM, cajun said:

Amazon HQ3? :)

Same owner as a lot of vacant land zoned for retail around Jefferson, Burbank, etc.   I think they are associated with this Life Storage chainhttps://www.brookwoodpropertiesllc.com/

And as far as the old shopping center that you are talking about - I cant believe that EBR would approve a storage center there that includes RV parking without landscaping buffers between the street and the parking.

Oh no! Lol

• 1 month later...

See what restaurant is coming to Millerville Road

Crust Pizza is set to open its first Baton Rouge restaurant in a space that had been occupied by Zoe's Kitchen. The chain will open a 2,800-square-foot restaurant at 2121 Millerville Road. Since October 2021, Houston-based Crust has opened locations in Lafayette, Lake Charles, Sulphur and Moss Bluff. The chain is known for its Chicago-style thin crust pies, which are pizzas with a cracker-thin crust. 

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/business/see-what-restaurant-is-coming-to-millerville-road/article_db3766f4-6934-11ed-9289-53d0ba7ac40c.html

BR.comingupbiz.112722 03 mw.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 4:47 PM, dan326 said:

Friend, tell me about it.  That could be said about the whole development. 

Yeah I would have rather Oschner build a hospital there to address the bed shortage in the area.   Or even the Buc-ee's that was considered before they realized they wouldn't get tax incentives for building a gas station.

At least we have a few things that are job creators.    A decent sized car dealer, a huge RV shop,  and a couple of very poorly run chain restaurants.    Which is odd because the CFA and Target across the street are pretty well oiled machines.  Maybe the Freddy's and Zaxby's are just struggling because they are new and probably not fully staffed yet.  

Just not a big fan of that human storage center.   I hated staying in sprawling apartment complexes in my early 20's.   It's just not the way we were meant to live.   There's got to be better ways to build affordable housing....

Edited by cajun
  • Haha 1