Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Hopson Flats Renovation Project

64 posts in this topic

Much more information about the Hopson Flats project on Grandville Ave (originally mentioned here) in the DDA's agenda for this week.

319851721_f935697874_o.jpg

It looks nice with the expanded sidewalks and the trees added along the front. I believe I read recently that Grandville Ave in that area will be rebuilt next year? Anyone know for sure?

I believe I read recently that Grandville Ave in that area will be rebuilt next year? Anyone know for sure?

Oh man, that would be awesome. The street is absolutely murderous for automobile suspension and tires along there.

Good news indeed. Actualy, I'm surprised that road wasn't fixed up years ago, since the ITP HQ and transit station has been there for about two years now.

I thought it was city standard to wait until a street has become busy and thriving to close it down and rebuild it. :wacko:

WOOD-TV just did a story about this project. It sounds like GVSU students are helping in the design. They also talked briefly about RiverGrand (of course). I will post a link to the video if WOOD-TV puts it on their website.

Project gets approval for tax reimbursements:

"John Green and Doug Gulker won approval for $320,466 in tax reimbursements for their planned renovation of the old Kentwood Office Furniture Buildings, 212-216 Grandville Ave. SW, into student apartments known as Hopson Flats."

Complete story on Knapescorner on Mlive.

Other amenities include a fitness center, a study lounge, on-site laundry facilities, and an

It's interesting that the main entrance and focal point will be on the South side facing Williams St.

5. Some paid cheerleaders led us down a path about new market tax credits that turned out to be BS.

Hopson Flats has a new website. It's apparently $455 - $575/bed/month. Many of the four bedroom plans are $475/bed.

I'm surprised they don't have a picture of the building on there.

407311654_d3a897b4cd_o.jpg

The FIRST FLOOR looks cool with the gameroom, retail space, and the garden patio area on the SW corner.

I wonder if whoever made the rendering had enough information on what the buildings actually looked like. The proportions are a little off.

With that out of the way, I agree with how cool the first floor looks.

Cutting holes for the windows I presume. They are moving right along on this.

437747734_f0477a60cd_b.jpg

For those who choose to use public transportation instead of a car, we’ll credit your rent $25 per month.

As a recent student who moved to gr for school there's NO WAY I could've afforded living at this place. I could barely afford the $550 a month rent split between myself and a roommate at The Waters House apt complex at college and fulton. At least there all I had to pay for was my electricity, heat was included. I suppose all the kids whose parents pick up the tab could afford this place. Not sure how it compares to the dorms. At least the waters house had a pool and lots of free parking, though I'm sure the living environment at Hopson Flats will be a lot cooler.

As a recent student who moved to gr for school there's NO WAY I could've afforded living at this place. I could barely afford the $550 a month rent split between myself and a roommate at The Waters House apt complex at college and fulton. At least there all I had to pay for was my electricity, heat was included. I suppose all the kids whose parents pick up the tab could afford this place. Not sure how it compares to the dorms. At least the waters house had a pool and lots of free parking, though I'm sure the living environment at Hopson Flats will be a lot cooler.

ya the rent here is outrageous!! 1600 per 4 bed unit plus utilities. (thats the cheapest per person unit)