Hopson Flats Renovation Project

GRDadof3

I don't think that's outrageous at all for downtown living. American Seating is close behind if not the same. I could've swung that in college if that's the concern, and I know a lot of people who do still (without the help of mommy and daddy)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not outrageous, no. Houses can usually be had for a better value, but then you're not downtown. Plus $400/person is not unreasonable for college students. You might be able to find 2-bedroom units out in the suburbs for $700, but that's still $350/person. I charge my roommates $400, though that does include utilities.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Pre-Grand Opening Party (which was very well done by the way), and got a bunch of footage of the first floor and John Green talking about the project. It's running this week on rapidgrowthmedia.com

Or, I have a slightly larger resolution copy on my Developing Grand Rapids vlog.

I really like this project. Elevation is doing a great job with the details, all the way down to the website and marketing materials (which is nice considering some of what passes for marketing around town).

Nice job as usual Andy. Looks like a cool place and a hopping party. When does occupancy begin?

I went to the Pre-Grand Opening Party (which was very well done by the way), and got a bunch of footage of the first floor and John Green talking about the project. It's running this week on rapidgrowthmedia.com

Or, I have a slightly larger resolution copy on my Developing Grand Rapids vlog.

I really like this project. Elevation is doing a great job with the details, all the way down to the website and marketing materials (which is nice considering some of what passes for marketing around town).

I talked to Doug and he said 50 application fees and deposits have been made. He also mentioned that this month is really going to be the crucial month to get people signed up. Most college kids sign leases for the fall in the months of April and May before school is done. Good Luck.

• 1 month later...
I recently received a post card from them in the mail. It really sounds like a nice play to consider living at. Unfortunately, in order to live there, you have to be a college student. Also, I think it isn't in the best of neighborhood as well.

• 2 months later...

Archived