drinsema-sybenga

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't answer regarding the ren-zone. A formal request has not been made. He says he has two units sold, and he will start construction on them plus a model unit this winter. His plan shows twnety-two units in all ranging from 1,200 sq ft to 2,500 sq ft, with 35 parking spaces in attached garages on the alley side of the units.

• 2 months later...
Here is a drawing of the townhouse that Gary Post is going to be starting very soon. March 26 he will be going to Lansing for states approval of the renzone and then after the approval it will only be a short time until the construction begins.

I have a floor plan on the first level I will be adding as soon as I can figure out how to move it from Adobe to a jpeg.

2331117766_9584fd51e3_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, Wednesday, the state approved the "rend" zone request for the Heritage Townhome, now the project will be started. We all should some action starting on Clay Street in the next couple of weeks. Muskegon is moving forward with local investments, how cool is that.

There was an article in Saturdays paper about the extension for this project. It contianed some new pieces of information. First of all Gary Post said he wants to start within a month but he still needs to complete the purchase of the property. It seems from past projects that property purchase always takes longer than the developer predicts so I won't hold my breath for an April ground breaking.

The article also says the first units built will be two mid-block units that will both be two stories. I thought it was mentioned before that three would be built to start with, two to be sold to people who have them reserved and a third as a model. Also, since both will be two stories I guess we won't be seeing the "work" componant of the live and work development to start with. Still this is the Chronicle, they don't always have the full story, and it will still be nice to see work started along Clay.

There was an article in Saturdays paper about the extension for this project. It contianed some new pieces of information. First of all Gary Post said he wants to start within a month but he still needs to complete the purchase of the property. It seems from past projects that property purchase always takes longer than the developer predicts so I won't hold my breath for an April ground breaking.

The article also says the first units built will be two mid-block units that will both be two stories. I thought it was mentioned before that three would be built to start with, two to be sold to people who have them reserved and a third as a model. Also, since both will be two stories I guess we won't be seeing the "work" componant of the live and work development to start with. Still this is the Chronicle, they don't always have the full story, and it will still be nice to see work started along Clay.

Archived