Chamber of Commerce to locate on Mall site

drinsema-sybenga

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like they put a construction trailer on the site yesterday. So hopefully we'll soon have two buildings under construction on the former mall site. It's too bad the webcam has been repositioned again, you can no longer really see what's happening on the Sidock site anymore.

It looks like they are now starting construction on this building. It looks like we'll have two buildings going up accross the street from each other at the same time!

The third floor tennant has been announced as being EarthTronics Michigan. It's nice to see a new company put its offices downtown.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great news in the paper on Saturday:

The Muskegon office of Waddell & Reed has decided to "invest" in downtown Muskegon.

The financial planning and investment firm will lease 4,000 square feet in the new Hines Building now under construction in the "city center" redevelopment of the former Muskegon Mall site.

The Hines Building is nearly leased, Teeter said. Capstone is working with a sandwich shop and a coffee outlet to go into a combined 2,500-square-foot space on the main level and Teeter said they are close to a lease agreement.

That leaves just a 2,000-square-foot office on the second level yet to be leased, he said.

• 3 months later...

Well I don't like the misleading newspaper headline, but I do like the story. First tenants move into new 'city center' site

The Muskegon Area Chamber of Commerce and the Northwestern Mutual Financial Network moved into the Hines Building Friday, becoming the first businesses to occupy the shiny new office building at the corner of West Western Avenue and Third Street.

The three-story, 31,500-square-foot building also will be the new home of EarthTronics and Waddell & Reed. A 1,900-square-foot, second-story office space and a 2,500-square-foot, main-level coffee/sandwich shop area remain available from developer Capstone Real Estate LLC of Grand Haven.

Work continues on the Hines Building even as offices are becoming occupied. The chamber still is developing the entryway "welcome center" being funded by Alcoa Howmet Castings through the Alcoa Foundation.

We finished moving in on Friday and we have an open house scheduled for early September. I'll post some interior pics soon. Thanks for asking! It is pretty nice to be overlooking Western Avenue!

Well I don't like the misleading newspaper headline, but I do like the story. First tenants move into new 'city center' site

So Dan, are we going to get a photo tour of your new office?

• 1 month later...

Archived