Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drinsema-sybenga

Chamber of Commerce to locate on Mall site

23 posts in this topic

Also announced a few months ago this project should be breaking ground by spring on the former Muskegon Mall site. The building will be developed by Capstone Real Estate and will house the Chamber of Commerce/Muskegon Area First.

Muskegon Chronicle story

chamberrendering.jpg

Is there an updated rendering showing the additional 3rd floor?

Not yet. Give it about 2 weeks.

Is there an updated rendering showing the additional 3rd floor?

Here is a picture of the Chamber site. In the background you can see the work that's been done on the old Daniels building.

1393011478_3f4e77b39f_o.jpg

I just checked out the webcam and the Chamber site has been been cleared. It looks like we're about to see construction start here as well.

It looks like they put a construction trailer on the site yesterday. So hopefully we'll soon have two buildings under construction on the former mall site. It's too bad the webcam has been repositioned again, you can no longer really see what's happening on the Sidock site anymore.

It looks like they are now starting construction on this building. It looks like we'll have two buildings going up accross the street from each other at the same time!

The third floor tennant has been announced as being EarthTronics Michigan. It's nice to see a new company put its offices downtown.

The Chamber building is going up quickly. They have one stairwell up and it looks like they're starting work on an elevator core near the future entrance to the building.

1985708032_f52fb59f94_o.jpg

The new building is already making a big impact on the corner of Western and Third.

2136505852_b8fa026689_b.jpg

The new Hines building is coming along nicely. They have started on the facade.

2254071618_18fec26e2d_b.jpg

Very cool! How do you take these? Do have have a remote controlled airplane with a camera attatched?

Now brick has gone up on the Western Avenue side of the building.

2355572997_02a7abbc09_b.jpg

Great news in the paper on Saturday:

The Muskegon office of Waddell & Reed has decided to "invest" in downtown Muskegon.

The financial planning and investment firm will lease 4,000 square feet in the new Hines Building now under construction in the "city center" redevelopment of the former Muskegon Mall site.

The Hines Building is nearly leased, Teeter said. Capstone is working with a sandwich shop and a coffee outlet to go into a combined 2,500-square-foot space on the main level and Teeter said they are close to a lease agreement.

That leaves just a 2,000-square-foot office on the second level yet to be leased, he said.

Well the building looks a lot different then it did in my post from March.

2670970713_76923dbaab_b.jpg

2671792826_9711f44605_b.jpg

Well I don't like the misleading newspaper headline, but I do like the story. First tenants move into new 'city center' site

The Muskegon Area Chamber of Commerce and the Northwestern Mutual Financial Network moved into the Hines Building Friday, becoming the first businesses to occupy the shiny new office building at the corner of West Western Avenue and Third Street.

The three-story, 31,500-square-foot building also will be the new home of EarthTronics and Waddell & Reed. A 1,900-square-foot, second-story office space and a 2,500-square-foot, main-level coffee/sandwich shop area remain available from developer Capstone Real Estate LLC of Grand Haven.

Work continues on the Hines Building even as offices are becoming occupied. The chamber still is developing the entryway "welcome center" being funded by Alcoa Howmet Castings through the Alcoa Foundation.

We finished moving in on Friday and we have an open house scheduled for early September. I'll post some interior pics soon. Thanks for asking! It is pretty nice to be overlooking Western Avenue!

Well I don't like the misleading newspaper headline, but I do like the story. First tenants move into new 'city center' site

So Dan, are we going to get a photo tour of your new office?

We finished moving in on Friday and we have an open house scheduled for early September. I'll post some interior pics soon. Thanks for asking! It is pretty nice to be overlooking Western Avenue!

Great to hear! I look forward to the photos. Can you let us know the date of the open house when you find out?

A different view of the finished product:

2856117393_5dfe17cab0_b.jpg

Can anyone tell me if they decided to go for LEED certification or not?

A different view of the finished product:

2856117393_5dfe17cab0_b.jpg

Can anyone tell me if they decided to go for LEED certification or not?