Nashville and Clarksville

bigboyz05

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot of open space between Nashville and Clarksville. A Whole LOT. Yes Clarksville is going to continue to grow and Nashville is going to have to grow north very soon but there are chunks or Cheatham and Robertson Counties that have very little or no growth. I would see the Boro and Nashville growing together first. By no means could we compare Nashville and any other city in the area to Dallas and FT Worth. Not trying to be degrading as I see where you are coming from, but both of those cities are huge.

That sounds right. Especially without the northern leg of 840, it won't happen dramatically. There's still (what? 30+?) miles of undeveloped and rocky land between the two cities. It's not like the closer and flatter development b/n the contiguous Davidson and Rutherford counties where it's almost impossible to tell where one ends and the other begins.

I see Clarksville growing that way, eventually connecting with Pleasantview and/or Springfield. However, I don't forsee Nashville coming towards us. As they have said, it is hilly, rocky land and Nashville has never shown any interest in coming that way (look at the lack of interstate lanes).

So, in twenty/thirty years or so, I could see Clarksville extending to exits 19 or 24, but that's as far as I see it going. That would still be about a 15 mile gap. Clarksville is expanding in both directions (north and south).

This is interesting. I can see Nashville and Murphreesboro continue to grow in this pattern more than Clarksville with Nashville. In actuality, the situation is very similar to what is occuring in Central Alabama between Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, and Anniston. Birmingham and Tuscaloosa is only 45 miles apart with much urbanization occuring between the two while Anniston is 65 miles from Birmingham with little to not real connections. However, I doubt Clarksville urban area will ever truly connect to Nashville Urbanized Area.

I also find it interesting how developers the Nashville area is very inhibitable to developing the more rugged land in the northwestern end. The contrary is occuring here in Birmingham where developers have flatten complete ridges for developments.

I also find it interesting how developers the Nashville area is very inhibitable to developing the more rugged land in the northwestern end. The contrary is occuring here in Birmingham where developers have flatten complete ridges for developments.

This is interesting. I can see Nashville and Murphreesboro continue to grow in this pattern more than Clarksville with Nashville. In actuality, the situation is very similar to what is occuring in Central Alabama between Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, and Anniston. Birmingham and Tuscaloosa is only 45 miles apart with much urbanization occuring between the two while Anniston is 65 miles from Birmingham with little to not real connections. However, I doubt Clarksville urban area will ever truly connect to Nashville Urbanized Area.

Clarksville is not that much further from Nashville than is Murfreesboro but it sure does SEEM like it when you make the drive. I do not see the two physically merging together and even suspect the two are moving apart insofar as attitudes are concerned. I read a lot of comments from Clarksvillians which are negative barbs against Nashville and I have read many comments from Nashvillians which treats Clarksville as if it did not exist. I see more interaction between Nashville and places like Murfreesboro, Franklin, Brentwood, Mt. Juliet, and Lebanon than interactions with Clarksville.

one day, long after i die, nashville and Atlanta will be connected by high speed rail, somehow, its just smart, plus they both have much in common. If you have ever seen a pic of the U.S. from space at night, its unbelievable. I picked out Nashville, just look a lil NW of the blob of light that is Atlanta. Nashville is center, but if you look closely, you see lil arms towards the Boro, Franklin, Gallatin, and Lebanon. The photo is like from 1990, so the arms have gotten fatter and the BNA-Boro one isnt as recognizable, the Franklin arm connects to Columbia now

one day, long after i die, nashville and Atlanta will be connected by high speed rail, somehow, its just smart, plus they both have much in common. If you have ever seen a pic of the U.S. from space at night, its unbelievable. I picked out Nashville, just look a lil NW of the blob of light that is Atlanta. Nashville is center, but if you look closely, you see lil arms towards the Boro, Franklin, Gallatin, and Lebanon. The photo is like from 1990, so the arms have gotten fatter and the BNA-Boro one isnt as recognizable, the Franklin arm connects to Columbia now

Yet, I've wondered if planning should already be underway for the development of a new airport in northern Davidson County along I-24 for the 25-40 year long range picture. True it's hilly and full of ravines, but a long term construction could incrementally produce square miles of airport flat land. Obviously this would need to be done over time to be affordable. Just a thought... it could be somewhere near the Old Hickory/Briley Pky Area.

Yet, I've wondered if planning should already be underway for the development of a new airport in northern Davidson County along I-24 for the 25-40 year long range picture. True it's hilly and full of ravines, but a long term construction could incrementally produce square miles of airport flat land. Obviously this would need to be done over time to be affordable. Just a thought... it could be somewhere near the Old Hickory/Briley Pky Area.

That's kind of what I thought. No doubt even a long range project to build any kind of replacement over a long period of time would bleed funds from the existing facility.

Having lived for several years in DFW, I of course wondered if NSH would ever be able to (remotely) have anything on that scale. Of course for sheer land mass, it's unlikely any city could without major eminent domain and condemnation actions. We're having some major issues on land for expansion here in ATL. When International flights with suborbital(?) planes become feasible (if ever), the airports with acres upon acres of vast undeveloped land will be those which will become the new gateways.

Of course, DFW is near the larger airport for cargo and business services called Alliance too. It certainly looks like DFW is well-positioned to eventually become the largest airport in the country (20 years out).

That's kind of what I thought. No doubt even a long range project to build any kind of replacement over a long period of time would bleed funds from the existing facility.

Having lived for several years in DFW, I of course wondered if NSH would ever be able to (remotely) have anything on that scale. Of course for sheer land mass, it's unlikely any city could without major eminent domain and condemnation actions. We're having some major issues on land for expansion here in ATL. When International flights with suborbital(?) planes become feasible (if ever), the airports with acres upon acres of vast undeveloped land will be those which will become the new gateways.

Of course, DFW is near the larger airport for cargo and business services called Alliance too. It certainly looks like DFW is well-positioned to eventually become the largest airport in the country (20 years out).

There is already a Clarksville and Bowling Green shuttle service at the airport. The Clarksville shuttle goes to FT. Campbell about 5 times a day. Also two different services run to Chattanooga, and Cookville and Knoxville both have shuttle service to BNA.

Archived