What's Murfreesboro's population?

bigboyz05

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read that the estimated 2005 population was in the 80,000 range. I think there's quite a bit of population just outside the city limits though. Rutherford County's number is around 220,000 I believe.

Population (year 2000): 68,816.

Estimated population in July 2005: 86,793 (+26.1% change)

Males: 34,184 (49.7%), Females: 34,632 (50.3%)

Median resident age: 28.7 years

Median household income: $39,705 (year 2000)

Median house value: $121,200 (year 2000)

2005 2000 1990 1980 1970 1960 1950

Rutherford County 218,292 182,023 118,570 84,058 59,428

your dang right. BUT BUT, there is some low key talk of the Metro government eventually becoming a reality by no later than 2025. Murfreesboro take over ALL of the county except Eagleville, Smyrna, and La Vergne, that give The Boro about 145,000 people if it happened at this very second.

your dang right. BUT BUT, there is some low key talk of the Metro government eventually becoming a reality by no later than 2025. Murfreesboro take over ALL of the county except Eagleville, Smyrna, and La Vergne, that give The Boro about 145,000 people if it happened at this very second.

I think a metro government would work well in Rutherford. It would be nice to see Murfreesboro/Rutherford near the same size as Nashville.

I think a metro government would work well in Rutherford. It would be nice to see Murfreesboro/Rutherford near the same size as Nashville.

I agree and I think it is very possible that the county will grow to 300,000 by 2015. It is very likely that Murfreesboro will go metro before 2020. By that time everything that Davidson county has will be here white collar jobs malls and the like. I even speculate the downtown will have changed quite a bit with some of the proposals I've heard (Mid South Bank Expansion/Health Department Addition/New Courthouse/Redevelopment of inner city neighborhoods). As far as Lavergne, Smyrna, and Eagleville are concerned I don't think it would make sense that they not be apart of the metro government. I mean there are 500 people in Eagleville and Smyrna and Lavergne already model themselves after Murfreesboro anyway. Another question I have is what would happen to Nashville's classification? Would the MSA still remain the Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro MSA? Could Murfreesboro claim having a 1.6 million metro?

Edited by Justiceham

I agree and I think it is very possible that the county will grow to 400,000 by 2015. It is very likely that Murfreesboro will go metro before 2020. By that time everything that Davidson county has will be here white collar jobs malls and the like. I even speculate the downtown will have changed quite a bit with some of the proposals I've heard (Mid South Bank Expansion/Health Department Addition/New Courthouse/Redevelopment of inner city neighborhoods). As far as Lavergne, Smyrna, and Eagleville are concerned I don't think it would make sense that they not be apart of the metro government. I mean there are 500 people in Eagleville and Smyrna and Lavergne already model themselves after Murfreesboro anyway. Another question I have is what would happen to Nashville's classification? Would the MSA still remain the Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro MSA? Could Murfreesboro claim having a 1.6 million metro?

I'm not sure how to take this post -- you being facetious?

I know Rutherford's growing and all, but growing by 170,000 in 8 years is a bit much.

And knocking Nashville out of the Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro MSA? Seriously?

That won't happen. Nashville will always be the lead of the MSA, due to the fact that it is not the largest city by any means, has a small urban core and i could go on, but it would become NASHVILLE-DAVIDSON,MURFREESBORO-RUTHERFORD MSA, knida long, shiat. ANYWAYS, it is highly likely that the only city to give in would be Eagleville, Smyrna and La Vergne are just big enough to support their own in this scenario, plus I wouldnt want LaVergne's trash in my town anyway, and Smyrna is almost self sufficient anyways. It is highly likely before we die, im 19, so yeah prolly. 180,000 in 8 years can not feasibly occur, unless the cities throw out planning regulations and urban growth boundaries

300,000 not 400,000 LoL! It was a mistype. So does anyone know the correct answer to what happens to the classification of Murfreesboro/Rutherford County or Nashville/Davidson County if Murfreesboro goes metro? It is to my understanding that one Davidson County community (Berry Hill) still maintains its own police department. Using that example do they still count its population in the metro? And by the way, Reed you should be very careful about saying comments about Lavergne being trash. It is highly offensive and I know the moderators would not care for such things.

Edited by Justiceham

alright, to answer to your question. Nashville is all of Davidson County, the following cities are not incuded into the Nashville count. Berry Hill, Forest Hills, Oak Hill, Goodlettsville, and Belle Meade. They are independent cities , within a metropolitan governed county. Overall, they are technically part of Davidson County, but they are seperate cities, so they retain some automny, by which they have their own budget and in some cases, the po po. BUT, BUT, Oak Hill and Forest Hills have no real business, forest hills only "big" one is the Shell station. The are represented in the Metro Council for the county, not the city.

it is confusing, and odd, but whatever

300,000 not 400,000 LoL! It was a mistype. So does anyone know the correct answer to what happens to the classification of Murfreesboro/Rutherford County or Nashville/Davidson County if Murfreesboro goes metro? It is to my understanding that one Davidson County community (Berry Hill) still maintains its own police department. Using that example do they still count its population in the metro? And by the way, Reed you should be very careful about saying comments about Lavergne being trash. It is highly offensive and I know the moderators would not care for such things.

i wasnt calling all of LaVergne trash, just the industry, because it would lower Murfreesboro wages a lil bit

alright, to answer to your question. Nashville is all of Davidson County, the following cities are not incuded into the Nashville count. Berry Hill, Forest Hills, Oak Hill, Goodlettsville, and Belle Meade. They are independent cities , within a metropolitan governed county. Overall, they are technically part of Davidson County, but they are seperate cities, so they retain some automny, by which they have their own budget and in some cases, the po po. BUT, BUT, Oak Hill and Forest Hills have no real business, forest hills only "big" one is the Shell station. The are represented in the Metro Council for the county, not the city.

it is confusing, and odd, but whatever

i wasnt calling all of LaVergne trash, just the industry, because it would lower Murfreesboro wages a lil bit

Thankyou for answering my questions. Metropolitan Rutherford County, Metro Murfreesboro...I could get used to that in the future. Reed, your last comments I understand after reading it a second time but they still sound confusing, though. The municipalities are represented in the Metro for the County, but all of Davidson County is Nashville, right? It seems silly that they don't count the populations for those areas but they do count the square mileage. However, I do not agree that by simply adding La Verge, Murfreesboro's wages will decrease. Trash is still harsh in describing any aspect of the city and will get you into trouble on this site. La Vergne's industry has done wonders for Rutherford County and being the largest industrial park in the state does not hurt either.

Edited by Justiceham

Thankyou for answering my questions. That does sound confusing, though. They are represented in the Metro for the County, but all of Davidson County is Nashville, right? It seems silly that they don't count the populations for those areas but they do count the square mileage. I do not agree that by simply adding La Verge, Murfreesboro's wages will decrease. Trash is still harsh in describing any aspect of the city will still get you into trouble on this site. La Vergne's industry has done wonders for Rutherford County and being the largest industrial park in the state does not hurt either.

true, true, i need a filter between brain and fingers. No, Nashville's total sq. miles is ALL OF Davidson County, MINUS Oak Hill, Berry Hill, Forest Hills, Belle Meade, Goodlettsville, and Lakewood(forgot this lil guy). Total Population of these places, if i counted right, doesnt even accumulate to 20,000, so it really doesnt put a dent in Nashville-Davidson's count. Before I pass(GOD WILLING AT 80) One or more of these cities is likely to conceed it's charter and be absorbed into the City of Nashville-Davidson. I am stationed here in Jacksonville,FL. It is the same way, JAX-Duval County, but has the Beach cities(Atlantic Bch. Neptune Bch. and Jacksonville Bch.) and Baldwin as seperate cities, surrounded by the metropolitan city. It's very complicated, but hey, it makes sense if you dumb it down :wacko::shades:

true, true, i need a filter between brain and fingers. No, Nashville's total sq. miles is ALL OF Davidson County, MINUS Oak Hill, Berry Hill, Forest Hills, Belle Meade, Goodlettsville, and Lakewood(forgot this lil guy). Total Population of these places, if i counted right, doesnt even accumulate to 20,000, so it really doesnt put a dent in Nashville-Davidson's count. Before I pass(GOD WILLING AT 80) One or more of these cities is likely to conceed it's charter and be absorbed into the City of Nashville-Davidson. I am stationed here in Jacksonville,FL. It is the same way, JAX-Duval County, but has the Beach cities(Atlantic Bch. Neptune Bch. and Jacksonville Bch.) and Baldwin as seperate cities, surrounded by the metropolitan city. It's very complicated, but hey, it makes sense if you dumb it down :wacko::shades:

Yeah, I'll be dead and gone before that happens, lol. 20,000 is not that much I suppose, and I guess that's why it seems odd that it wouldn't be counted. Does anyone have population projections for the area in 2050!!!? Disregard that last comment.

Yeah, I'll be dead and gone before that happens, lol. 20,000 is not that much I suppose, and I guess that's why it seems odd that it wouldn't be counted. Does anyone have population projections for the area in 2050!!!? Disregard that last comment.

:rofl: look over your shoulder, look 251 miles to the southeast, over Chattanooga, over Dalton, and there ya go, i'll just say this. 2050 for Nashville, it's Atlanta :shok: without a doubt

The only reason Belle Meade and Forest Hills are not included is the snob factor. The residents of those cities will never concede to being a part of Metro Nashville. However, some services are county wide and some are city specific. It's rather confusing. For instance, they are all in Metro Nashville Schools, but Belle Meade has their own police. Of course, there's no crime in Belle Meade. Their only job is to keep the poor people out.

The only reason Belle Meade and Forest Hills are not included is the snob factor. The residents of those cities will never concede to being a part of Metro Nashville. However, some services are county wide and some are city specific. It's rather confusing. For instance, they are all in Metro Nashville Schools, but Belle Meade has their own police. Of course, there's no crime in Belle Meade. Their only job is to keep the poor people out.

oh quite the contrary, they do have a few break ins and vandalism several times a month, mostly vandalism because its kids with mommy and daddys money with nothing to do :ph34r::rofl:

Actually, most of the people who work at Interchange City in La Vergne live in either Antioch or... Murfreesboro! Most people I know wjo live here in La Vergne either work in Smyrna or Nashville. So La Vergne being a part of a Rutherford MSA wouldn't really have an effect on murfreesboro wages.

snobs? please.

there are alot of good people in Belle Meade/Forrest Hills... -_-

Of course, there are good people there; I have friends that live in Forest Hills. But there's definitely a sense of elitism, especially in Belle Meade. That's old money Nashville society, and they don't take that lightly.