East Nashville Neighborhoods - 4/3/04

BrandonTO416

East Nashville is the general name for an area of the city east of the banks of the Cumberland river from downtown past the I-24 inner loop. This area is coming back in a very big way, with many rennovations and in-fill projects for what has been destroyed.

Two of the most prominent neighborhoods includes Lockeland Springs and Edgefield. Lockeland Springs has a web page:

http://www.lockelandsprings.org/

Here are photos of this area, starting with a map to put things in perspective:

nashvilleaerialmap.jpg

eastnash1.jpg

eastnash2.jpg

eastnash3.jpg

eastnash4.jpg

eastnash5.jpg

eastnash6.jpg

eastnash7.jpg

eastnash8.jpg

eastnash9.jpg

eastnash10.jpg

eastnash11.jpg

eastnash12.jpg

eastnash13.jpg

eastnash14.jpg

eastnash15.jpg

eastnash16.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics! There's appears to be lots of great historic architecture in the neighborhood. Thanks for the tour!

I had no idea that was Richardson Romesque style...and I'm going into architecture school in the fall....that thought is a bit scary! LOL.

What a nice section of Nashville. I've never seen that side of town.

It's in the middle of the worst area of Nashville and doesn't get as much coverage. Slowly, it is coming back to life. Some "hip" local businesses from the West End are moving in for the more historic vibe that East Nashville has to offer. It is also becoming much more upscale as even the mayor lives in the Lockeland Springs neighborhood.

It's in the middle of the worst area of Nashville and doesn't get as much coverage. Slowly, it is coming back to life. Some "hip" local businesses from the West End are moving in for the more historic vibe that East Nashville has to offer. It is also becoming much more upscale as even the mayor lives in the Lockeland Springs neighborhood.

East Nashville is not the worst part of the city. I think the Nolensville pike and areas southeast of downtown fare much worse.

East Nashville is going through a renaissance. Over 20 new restaurant, coffee shops, and small businesses opened in the last year alone. Its in a resurgence right now - the crime isn't the problem it once was.

And amazingly enough, lots of gay people moved in first and helped begin the rennovations - so that stereotype held true for East Nash. ;)

Archived