USAirways bid for Delta

MJLO

USAirways still committed to merging with other airline

There were no specifics. Just Doug Parker talking about the "benefits" of it all. I wouldn't be suprised to hear more on it. That they are targeting, NWA or something. I knew they wouldn't focus on being their own brand and airline for long. You can tell how little they care about it, by leading the industry in bad service.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

A little birdie told me USAirways may be in secret talks with another, yet obvious airline for a merger. I think doug parker suffers from megalomania, and cannot just run an airline. The word on the Street is that the airlines would keep separate monikers, with USAirways as the parent. I wouldn't mind seeing it persay, but what i'd really like is for the hometown airline to focus on it's service woes and not just being huge. It's like the cerberus of airlines sheesh.

This was something I heard from a friend of mine who works at the offices in Tempe, I really don't want to come right out and say it, however rediculous it may seem, but think of recent airline woes aside from Deltas bankruptcy. The only OTHER GLARING candidate out there.

I can't imagine buying a unprofitable airline and then running it as separate entity....I was trying to think of a catchy analogy, but I just can't imagine anything dumb enough to parallel it.....anyway, if they were interested in the airline with two large midwestern hubs, it seems the time for that was 9 months ago when they could have restructured lots of contracts, and possibly have severly reduced a hub.

It's hard for me to argue with the recent success of USAirways considering they are the most profitable airline flying now, but if thier plan truly is what is implied, then I'll lose a lot of confidence....then again, what do I know about running an airline....maybe the obvious isn't so obvious.

Well the airline in question is a storied one, that's currently profitable. You are thinking correctly. It's also in the initial stages, if it would happen at all . If it were to happen, the operations in Detroit would be supersized, however only slightly less emphasized where they are currently headquartered.

Archived