Ypsilanti

ZachariahDaMan

Neat pictures, Zach! I really should go over there one of these days... considering it's like only 1/2 mile away.

It doesn't seem like there's a whole lot to explore, but still an opportunity for some interesting shots.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sorry I'm so late to replying, but that station is still there but just looks a lot different. There was a big fire there a while back.

122_4881.jpg

For a while now there has been talks for turning it into a restaurant, it has had many different owners but none of them have actually made that happen :(

The depot is actually owned by Mr. Dalmahn (sp?), he also owns many places in AA such as the Clock Tower Hotel. From what I've heard is that he bought it up sometime back. I guess he was hoping to buy up most of depot town and when he made offers generous in his mind, many owners laughed in his face. Which would include both French's which own Side Track and Aubrees. Beings he was laughed at, the story has it that he then said that he was going to let the historic structure rot until the owners gave in and sold them their properties. If you stroll down cross street you will see stickers on many business doors with "Dalmahns Depot" under a circle and crossed out like the ghostbusters symbol.

Nice pics of my loft apartment Zach, in the picture of sidetrack. Its a great neighborhood to live in.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just want to rant....

The freaking railroad gates (in depot town) have been down for about 2 hours now. I called the YPD to do something about it over an hour ago and still the lights are flashing and the bells are ringing. Although it is a little entertaining to watch the cars line up for 10 minutes on end only to turn around and go the other direction. In all seriousness though this should have been taken care of by now its past 130 am and I have seen people at parties get noise violation tickets for having a lower volume then these bells.

grrr :angry:

Can't they just go around them? The railroad crossing at Great Lakes Crossings Mall in Auburn hills has this problem on a regular basis when trains park too close to the signal. Traffic is permitted to drive around the gates with caution, and treat the crossing like an intersection with stop signs. This is unless gates are placed on the other side of the road. I can't recall the configuration in Depot Town.

• 2 weeks later...

BYE BYE KAREN HART!!!!

From what I have heard Karen used to be the Planning Director in AA. She was terrible at her job so the whole office was retooled to force her out. She was unemployed for a while then got a job with Ypsi (for some reason Ypsi leaders seem to think that if you have worked for the city of AA you must be a super awesome smart professional) without apparently checking her background as stated in the article.

I am happy to hear this news for I have met her only once so she could tell us about this water street property and she seemed completely clueless to what was going on. Even after working on it for over a year. The only down side to everything is that currently the Ypsi Planning Dept. is almost completely absent which is not good for us citizens of Y-town.

Good Riddance!

The article.

Archived