Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MJLO

St. George

4 posts in this topic

St. George was named the safest city under 150,000 to live in the country. I also heard a statistic that it was something like that fastest growing area in the country, exponentially speaking. Does anyone know anything about St. George and it's growth. Does it have anything to do with it's proximity to Vegas?

Does anyone know anything about St. George and it's growth. Does it have anything to do with it's proximity to Vegas?

Wasn't there a problem in St George for a while? If I recall, it is the closest city to the nuclear testing site in Nevada and they had problems in the 50's and 60's because of that. I think they shot Ben Hur near there (it could have been a different film though) around the time of the nuclear testing and almost everyone that was there including some of the stars died about a decade later. Maybe it wasn't Ben Hur though, dammit, I should have paid attention when I read that article....

I've known people who have retired from Colorado Springs to St. George because of its climate and proximity to Las Vegas. I've been there twice, but not since 1998. From what I've heard, it's exploded since then. I read somewhere they are getting a new airport and a beltway around the city? Crazy.