metro Phoenix shopping thread

Manolos

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was in the East Valley Tribune, I believe it was in late May right after the Spring ICSC conference when there are a lot of reports about new retailers coming to the market. It said they were close to signing them at Fashion Square. I tried to google the story, but the Tribune doesn't have an archives section that pulls it up, and haven't seen anything else about it. It would make sense that they would open here though.

Retail/Dining 2008 (to open or has opened this new year): NE Phoenix/Scottsdale

CityNorth

Blue Martini - a tapas restaurant originated in Miami

Dos Caminos (Mexican) - owned by B.R. Guest Restaurants, which operates a number of upscale restaurants across the country, including the famous Ruby Foos and Blue Fin in NYC. Other Dos Caminos locations are in New York's SoHo, Park Avenue, Third Avenue, Las Vegas's new Palazzo.

Il Fornaio (Italian) - originated in Milan

Mitchell's Ocean Club - upscale seafood

North Scottsdale

Bourban Steak - New York restaurant by Michael Mina

Shops at 9400

Golden Spoon (popular socal frozen yogurt) has opened

Ling & Louie's Asian Bar & Grill - trendy Asian restaurant

Ninewest will be opening a larger boutique (second in Scottsdale) at this same plaza.

Artesia

Roka - London-based Japanese restaurant

5th Avenue Shops/Old Town

Babette - Upscale San Fran boutique has opened on 5th ave.

Bistro Laurent Tourondel - Camelback Inn new restaurant (NYC)

Bliss - salon and spa

Delux Burger - local burger joint, second location, first by Biltmore

Saddle Ranch Chop House - Hollywood Western/BBQ restaurant

Sprinkles Cupcakes - Beverly Hills cupcake cafe

Split Lounge - upscale bowling and dining alley

Sushi Roku - Santa Monica Japanese restaurant

Southbridge - a bunch of local couture/high end/casual boutiques, heres a quick synopsis some boutiques

Angel & Wingman - trendy/casual: Chip and Pepper, Ben Sherman, Hudson, Ted Baker, Rock and Republic, Theory and more.

Cici & Belle - sun dress/mom&daughter store: Badgley Mischka, Beth Bowley, Diane von Furstenburg, Marc Bouwer, Motif, Vera Wang

Elan - English, Australian and Brazilian designers: Ema Savahi, Erica Pena, Karena Grimaldi,

Garage - upscale children designers including Tarina Tarantino, Paulina Quintana, La Perla, Mozzee, Little Marc by Marc Jacobs and Sonia Rykiel.

Heidi - NY/LA fashions: Nanette Lapore, Ella Moss, Juicy Couture, Catherine Malandrino and Tart.

High Point - casual, high-end shoes: Evisu, ALife, Lacoste, New Era

Joy Li - LA designer opens second boutique

Mahsa - Guess they are moving from Waterfront, Phillip Lim, M by Missoni, Jovavich-Hawk, Zac Posen, Stella McCartney, Mike & Chris, Sass & Bide, See by Chloe, Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs and more.

Mirror - upscale European designers new to Scottsdale: Vivienne Westwood, Appart a Louer, Jean Paul Gaultier, Phillip Plein, Misaharada, + more.

Roka - trendy designers including Voom, CC Skye, Ever, DaNang, PJ Salvage, Bestey Johnson, Loomstate Denim, Level 99, Pathway Shirts, Diesel, etc.

Te La Vie: Dress clothing: Hugo Boss Black, John Varvatos, Paul Smith, Roberto Cavalli, Rozae Nichols

Fashion Square:

A{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}X Armani Exchange - affordable line of Armani

Bare Escentuals is opening their first Arizona boutique.

Bang & Olufsen has moved to their new larger space.

Bottega Veneta - leather goods and accessories

Cache Luxe has closed, which means the space will begin remodeling for Bottega Veneta

Jimmy Choo - London-based luxury shoe

Marciano - spin-off of Guess

Puma - athletic wear

Socrati - South African shoe retailer

Biltmore

Oceanaire - seafood restaurant

Barneys New York - Fashion Square

Bloomingdale's - CityNorth

Nordstrom - CityNorth

Hey ProPHX,

Can you see if Ermenigildo Zegna, Canali and Thomas Pink have any interest in Retail space at the Fashion Square? I could see Thomas Pink going to Biltmore, but everything else should land at the fashion square in the next few years.

Sun234

MJLO - it's alright. I hadn't heard of many of these retailers before my relocation to New York many years ago. The whole west and east coast mentality is very different. However, since having lived in several major cities, I have come to notice that fashion (and high end retailers) are a huge draw for a city and really define it. High-end retail almost "legitimizes" a city, if you get what I mean.

As for local retailers, I couldn't agree more, which is why I like the entirely new Southbridge development (all local boutiques.)

lululemon athletica (popular Canadian yoga/athletic wear store that has been gaining huge popularity/following in the states) opened its first store in Arizona in Scottsdale not too long ago on 5th and Marshall Way. I like this trend of major stores opening on the 5th avenue district. This is the second major opening after babette.

American Apparel is opening their first Scottsdale store, second Phoenix metro store in Downtown Scottsdale, at the intersection of Camelback and Scottsdale. It should be opening next to Sprinkles this winter.

Marc Ecko is opening a store at Arizona Mills.

Brazilian eatery Fogo de Chao is opening a little south of Lincoln and Scottsdale on the Resort Corridor.

As for Dior, I was the one who emailed them asking what was up with Dior. I never received a response, and it was removed from the website. Either Dior is in talks/close to signing (and he just put it up anyways) or its been moved back a couple stages. I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the salespeople that I know well at Neiman Marcus knows a salesperson at Cartier. The Cartier salesperson indicated that "they would be neighbors" when Cariter moves into the ex-Brentano's space in October. It's not an absolute confirmation, but it's probably reliable.

I'm going to reach-out to my source in a couple of weeks. Besides the previous requests and the obvious retailers, are there other retailers about which you would like me to ask?

• 2 weeks later...

Two new things-

Take a look at the lease plan for Scottsdale Crossing- the project across from Kierland. http://www.corritore.com/docs/scottsdale_crossing.pdf

Has a lot of new retailers that aren't here yet- Mango, Ted Baker, Oakville Grocery, West Elm, etc. Not sure if all or any of these stores on the plan have signed and some are usually 1 store per market retailers who recently opened in Fashion Square.

Also, I reported a few months back that Pinkberry was opening two stores here. Those deals were nearly signed, but now on hold while the company goes through some financial restructuring. Supposidly they were a mess and expanding too quickly. They will come here in the next year or so though.

That is an amazing looking project! They are truly combining all aspects of mixed use, finally! I love Kierland but if I lived there...aside from boutique retail and a couple restaurants, what else would I do?

This project seems to bring all the retail and restaurants, plus grocery, cinema, and nightclubs! Very cool. I'm excited about a few of the stores, namely...

Apple

Armani AX

Puma

Guess

Metro Park

Mango

Marciano

When is this expected to be completed? I'm guessing not until 2010 at a minimum, possibly later?

Hmmm....Ive seen this brochure before and this lease page is definitely new. I would be surprised if all of these stores opened at Scottsdale Crossing. If all these stores open, this would be a great development. Anyone know how official this lease plan is?

Ive compiled a list of the major stores that they have on the lease plan and divided them into three groups:

Stores that already have a location in the metro

Apple - Biltmore/Chandler but a North Scottsdale location has been needed for some time

A{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}X Armani Exchange - Fashion Square

Cole Haan - Biltmore

John Atencio - upscale jeweler already at Fashion Square

Juicy Couture - Fashion Square

Kate Spade - Fashion Square

Lacoste - Fashion Square

Lululemon - just opened a store in Old Town but they have multiple locations in many large cities

Marciano - Fashion Square

Pink Paradise - Lilly Pulitzer store already at Borgata

Sony Style - Fashion Square

Swarovski - Fashion Square (but I could see another one opening)

Socrati - Fashion Square

Most of these stores I could see another location in Scottsdale, but Socrati...seems pushing it. Their first US store just opened at Fashion Square. Kate spade and Juicy Couture also tend to only have one location per city, but the Fashion Square Juicy is doing really well. I could see a second lacoste as Fashion Square's is very small.

Retailers who have been looking for a Scottsdale location for awhile

7 for all Mankind

Barneys Co-Op

H&M

Intermix

Planet Funk

Ruehl

Saltaire

Ted Baker

Theory

True Religion

West Elm

Zara

I can see most of these stores opening as they have all been looking for a Scottsdale location for some time.

New retailers:

Charriol

Free People

Madewell

Mango

Martin + Osa

Metro Park

Nanette Lepore

Trina Turk

If this lease plan is correct, I am surprised that Scottsdale Quarter, after wooing for not that long, was able to get so many more retailers than CityNorth or One Scottsdale. This would make Scottsdale Quarter one of the trendiest collections of stores in Phoenix area. Most of these retailers are very fashion forward. This will bring a lot of competition to Biltmore as they were targeting many of these stores like Intermix, Theory, Manga, Barneys Coop.

Im sure everyone has read but it is confirmed that Bloomingdale's is opening a 180,000 square foot store (3 floors) at CityNorth.

Macy's will also be opening at CityNorth. Both department stores are joining the 150,000 square foot Nordstrom.

A 10,000 square foot Gilly Hicks has signed on to CityNorth.

The shopping center also hopes to land 4-5 ultra-luxury flagship stores at around 10,000 square feet.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought alot of these were already here. I'm bad when it comes to malls tho, because alot of the aforementioned stores were already in Detroit so I must just be getting my malls mixed up between my two principle cities.

• 5 months later...

This poor discussion board has dried up!

I've lost my contact at Westcor, so I don't have any news that's not public. I did, however, start to wonder about the fact that Bvlgari is listed on the SFS's redevelopment website, so I e-mailed Westcor. Bvlgari will be opening in the mall in the Spring, and the location has not yet been disclosed.

Has retail news just slowed down because of the economy?

Hopefully someone has some good updates!

• 1 month later...

Palmeraie Heats Up Luxe Retail Competition in Arizona

Women's Wear Daily

The battleground for luxury retail tenants in the Arizona desert has shifted from north Phoenix to downtown Scottsdale.

The Palmeraie, a 300,000-square-foot mixed-use project that will feature a Ritz-Carlton Hotel and Ian Schrager

Archived