metro Phoenix shopping thread

Manolos

"This poor discussion board has dried up!"

Sad thing is, the only topic seeing any discussion is the shopping thread???? come on now. I know some is interesting, but in a way, its gone too far. What has happened to all of the posters MLJO?

Anyways, I guess I will jump in and be a hypocrite. With the announced tenets at city north, no wonder the city gave a 100 million tax incentive. I think this development, however, if it was possible, downtown could have used this big time instead of the suburbs. But I know, cheaper land, open, closer to higher income housing.

It is a pretty cool looking place, and since most of housing is up in this area, hopefully it can make the area a little more sustainable by helping people to not drive just as far. IMO, the place that is going to be bigger is the Mesa Gateway area. The new billion dollar hotel (Gaylord hotels) in partnership with DMB, and westcore, this area is going to trump this and the westgate developments.

Outside of this, can we please talk in some other areas? There are things we can talk about besides shopping?

• 1 month later...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that is what will slow down rail in the valley. Gas is under $2, and there is no money out their due to this economy. its sad, but things are not going to happen as fast as they were predicted during along the rail. Just hope ridership is high and they can move the extensions faster. its lame it is taking so long to get them done.

Archived