3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

what's up with the Ally sign? Does it change colors or is it just the angle of the shots? Look at Krazeeboi's shot and compare it to InitialD's.

Those are the signs on the opposite sides of the building. So I can only imagine one is red, one is blue. Since their logo is purple, maybe red+blue=purple?

A Dunkin Donuts is going to take some of the ground floor retail space of the office building.

These retail spaces have always bothered me, because you have to enter the office building lobby to get to the retail, instead of giving it its own entrance.

As an uber-dork observation, the streetlighting on the south side of the private drive beteween the Ally building and Catalyst are the standard deluxe acorn design seen in most of Uptown. On the north side of that prive (the Catalyst side) they are just standard acorn streetlights (not full cut off, so they project light upwards). I believe these were made illegal in Uptown, so I wonder how Novare got to put them in. Possibly an error, or perhaps since it is a private drive they are exempt.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I walked by 440 S Church this morning and noticed the lobby has a model of the whole block. It's pretty cool - models like this really amaze me. The hotel/condo space is empty except for a little sign that says "Future Hotel/Condo Tower".

Also noticed a fitness room on the corner nearest the stadium on about the 2nd or 3rd floor. Nice. (By contrast, the latest word from Duke is no fitness facility in the new Duke tower.)

Edited by grodney

• 10 months later...

The Catalyst tower is up for sale by California-based PCCP. The good news about the 462-unit building? It's 90% leased.

Yeah I went to look at a unit there and was pretty shocked. They actually told me 95% but I think its standard for leasing agents to inflate that number a little bit. All of these smaller new apartment buildings in Southend have changed hands recently too...having been to all these places recently I don't think there's any big impact for potential renters, except for some fluctuation of initial fees/deposits and pet policies.

• 2 months later...