3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

Perhaps this is the apartment project next to the BB&T Ballpark that ricky davis was hinting at: http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2013/04/woodfield-eyeing-uptown-site-near.html

It's a 230 unit apartment building. 4 levels of apartments over 2 levels of parking. Woodfield has already put the property at South Graham between MLK and 3rd under contract. 

230 units, 4 stories = about 60 units per floor, right.

So, is this in addition to the two towers planned for the ballpark ?

Yes. In all honesty this is all starting to get a little a crowded with all the projects forth coming just in a few block radius. You have the ~24 story apartment tower next to Catalyst which recently broke ground. You have  the two buildings behind the ballpark (1 hotel, 1 office/retail - 8-10 story range) You now have this one that will be right next to the ballpark on the 3rd base side. And there is also another one that is supposedly in the works as well. 

Did I miss anything?

Yes. In all honesty this is all starting to get a little a crowded with all the projects forth coming just in a few block radius. You have the ~24 story apartment tower next to Catalyst which recently broke ground. You have  the two buildings behind the ballpark (1 hotel, 1 office/retail - 8-10 story range) You now have this one that will be right next to the ballpark on the 3rd base side. And there is also another one that is supposedly in the works as well. 

Did I miss anything?

And God said, "Let there be a Third Ward. And it was established overnight."

Edited by Dale
  • Like 2

Yes. In all honesty this is all starting to get a little a crowded with all the projects forth coming just in a few block radius. You have the ~24 story apartment tower next to Catalyst which recently broke ground. You have the two buildings behind the ballpark (1 hotel, 1 office/retail - 8-10 story range) You now have this one that will be right next to the ballpark on the 3rd base side. And there is also another one that is supposedly in the works as well.

Did I miss anything?

There is the one on the lot where celebrity grill sits, that atlrvr told us about and I have a contact that tells me one more is in the works, on an adjacent block. Boy is this neighborhood changing quickly. Edited by Guest

There is the one on the lot where celebrity grill sits, that atlrvr told us about and I have a contact that tells me one more is in the works, on an adjacent block. Boy is this neighborhood changing quickly.

Looking at a Google map, I'd much rather see that parking lot bound by Graham/3rd/4th and railroad tracks (that's not part of Gateway is it?) to disappear versus the one where the celebrity grill is located.

Celebs isn't going away I don't think...it's the surface lot between there and the US Courthouse....I like it because it completed the streetscape between Brevard and Graham on that side of Trade.

The site that Woodfield is going is the next block south of the Gateway Station project I believe.

I suspect the block that Ricky Davis Fan knows about is the block surrounding by Mint, 3rd, Poplar and 4th....it would front the park and the baseball stadium, and be the block "behind" Trademark.  I believe this site was targeted for a 20+ story high-rise by Lane Company pre-recession.  It's the perfect spot for a residential high-rise.

Celebs isn't going away I don't think...it's the surface lot between there and the US Courthouse....I like it because it completed the streetscape between Brevard and Graham on that side of Trade.

The site that Woodfield is going is the next block south of the Gateway Station project I believe.

I suspect the block that Ricky Davis Fan knows about is the block surrounding by Mint, 3rd, Poplar and 4th....it would front the park and the baseball stadium, and be the block "behind" Trademark.  I believe this site was targeted for a 20+ story high-rise by Lane Company pre-recession.  It's the perfect spot for a residential high-rise.

You would be correct, hopefully i have some concrete information I can share in the next week or two.

Wow, this just illustrates how much that parking deck won't be missed from view when this apartment tower goes up.... Yuck.

Well thats why it was left as blank concrete like that, they knew that a tower would be built right up against it sooner rather than later. Same with Vue's deck though we don't have any leads on that site.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just made this timelapse of about an hour and a half worth of construction at the CK site.  There is a lot to look at, as they install 2 large pipes into the ground.  I cant quite tell where the fixed crane will be installed, but i think its the large box in the foreground.  In the bottom left corner you can see the grass they installed on top of the restroom building at Bearden Park.

http://youtu.be/UHvFyCD-JdU

Edited by MazzoMedia

^I assume there is a crane up on site if rebar is now going in?

No, but there are defenitely some pillars already up, will get a pic later if I can.  You can kinda see them (i think) in Mazzo's vid on the far right.

EDIT: best I could do is while driving by.

i-grS4wkh-M.jpg

Edited by Mobuchu
  • Like 1

The crane is going up today at the Childress Klein site!  timelapse in progress!!!  I hope to capture the entire job.  I'll post later this evening.

Good to see some cranes rising in uptown again... Hopefully we'll see a few more before too much longer.

• Like 1