3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

Sorry to say they filled in the pond last Friday.

Once the demo guys were gone, they worked for days and days with just a small dozer and a packer, slowly bringing in fill dirt. The pace has increased a little in the last week, and they have brought in a couple more big machines. They've also been doing a bunch of drilling (at least that's what I call it) and surveying and staking.

Edit: Whoops, the pond is only half-filled. But I think they're still filling it. Not that it really matters. I just hated to report something untrue.

Edited by grodney

From the Atlanta Business Chronicle print edition.

Novare plans to begin TWELVE Charlotte and the condo project Catalyst in Charlotte in the fall, he said.

It seems that Novare has renamed Ovature. This would coincide with the building permit application that refers to the project as Catalyst.

From the Atlanta Business Chronicle print edition.

It seems that Novare has renamed Ovature. This would coincide with the building permit application that refers to the project as Catalyst.

Any chance you could post the article (if its short) or could provide a link to the article? Thanks for the update. I too like the new name.

Do they really need to refer to "Charlotte, NC" in an Atlanta publication?

EDIT: Just read it again and they give the other cities such as Austin, Nashville, and Tampa the same treatment. Just a bit sensitive to the NC syndrome I guess.

Edited by rooster8

I've never been too clear on this: is the House of Jazz (is that what it's called?) building(s) getting flattened ever? For Novare or for 300S.T. or for the park? :dontknow:

It isn't part of the 300 site, but I've been told those buildings will go when the park moves forward. I wish they could have left them on that corner. Such a small component for the overall size of the park, but parking would be an issue.

Or at least their facades incorporated into the backside of 300 St. Tryon or Catalyst....but no...that would have been too much effort..... <_<

I agree, the buildings with any character and neighborhood kinda feel get flattened for huge condos, I love the new developement, but keep some of the old stuff and blend it, it makes me sad to hear we will be losing them

I know...I just meant moving the facades across Church or Doctor Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, so that these new developments could pay homage to the past, and they could continue to compliment Brevard Court like the present. The total cost would probably be in the $50k range, and would be a nice gesture.