3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

This site, three buildings, will be a bit unique, as the parking for Catalyst will not be under the building, but next to it. Same for 12 I believe, which then means that there are actually 4 buildings, Cayalyst, 12, Office Tower, and parking garage to serve all three.

UD

Has anyone been able to see a site map for this project yet, to give an orientation of the buildings together with the parking garage, as well as see the green space and pedestrian walk space (Aside from the small isometric shot of the site that we can see with the park in front).

Edited by Andyc545

This site, three buildings, will be a bit unique, as the parking for Catalyst will not be under the building, but next to it. Same for 12 I believe, which then means that there are actually 4 buildings, Cayalyst, 12, Office Tower, and parking garage to serve all three.

UD

Yes, I am aware of all that, but how many are going to go up at the same time? Catalyst & the Office tower or Catalyst & 12. Which other structure will be built along with Catalyst?

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that only 1 tower crane is currently being built. I think the 2nd section is just sitting upright on the ground, waiting to be added to the first.

From the 19th floor of 400 South Tryon. Highlights include the telescoping (yellow) crane in the far upper-left corner of the site (this might be used to erect the tower crane(s)), and the digging on the Twelve site.

2007-09-04%20buildings%20001.jpg

2007-09-04%20buildings%20002.jpg

2007-09-04%20buildings%20004.jpg

The parking deck for all 3 buildings on this block is going in the corner closest to the Panther's stadium from what I understand. They definitely have to start on this before they get too far along with Catalyst because they need to have it up and functioning for any move-in's / closings to occur at Catalyst for residents. The way the site looks now I'd say that office building will be the last one started, not necessarily finished, but that space would aid in the staging for Twelve since logic would argue that Catalyst would already be out of the ground, the deck soon to follow, and Twelve being the largest project on the site.

hmmm... I just wish they'd change the website already.

Novare doesn't mess around. I wish all developments could move this fast.

Without a doubt. It makes one wonder why others do run into so many delays -- are these guys just this good? I can't wait to see these buildings going UP. I have a great view from my home and so far it has just been amazing to see how quickly they are moving. I wonder how long until foundations are done and framing begins. Not having the parking deck as part of the Catalyst building should certainly speed that up.

Does anybody with any inside connections to this Novare site know if they are going to mount a Oxblue Webcam somewhere to monitor the progress the construction? Just about all the other Novare projects have webcams. I hope this one gets one soon. :whistling:

I would imagine they will have one. All of these major projects now adays have them, and they seem to be extremely successful.

Thanks for posting.....this gives us our first realistic idea of what Twelve will look like. Not bad.

However, I just became really annoyed by one aspect of this project. That parking deck is atrocious. I really wish that they would have spent the money to go subterranian, and built a plaza over the top, until they felt comfortable adding a 4th tower. As it is, with deeded parking spaces in this deck, they can never demolish it for another building. Perhaps they are building it strong enough to support another tower ontop a la The Park. I hope so, or screen this thing with an attractive facade please!