3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

The building permit for the parking deck on this site just got approved. In case you were wondering it will be 8 levels and 478,000 sq ft..yes that is right...478,000 sq ft just for the parking deck.

Obviously the deck will not be sub-trainion with the project already coming out of the ground, is there a site plan showing the location of the garage? Or is it incorporated into the base of the towers?

Obviously the deck will not be sub-trainion with the project already coming out of the ground, is there a site plan showing the location of the garage? Or is it incorporated into the base of the towers?

yes, check the earlier posts on this thread. You will see some renderings. I think you meant to say subterranean ^_^

and........

welcome to the planet

dx

I have posted a whole shlew of photos for another update, even though I had one not too long ago. A lot keeps changing on this site, what can I say...

Anyway, here are some highlights, the rest can be viewed here.

The big city feel of urban density and construction in the middle:

10-13-07034.jpg

Overview of the site:

10-13-07005.jpg

I just like this picture with the big drum in front:

10-13-07008.jpg

Novare and Wachovia in Sync:

10-13-07021.jpg

"Speed Limit: 5mph". Ironic, isn't it? Probally the 2 fastest growing projects, arguably.

10-13-07033.jpg

Last but not least, these concrete supports are like 20 feet tall. Should be a big first floor like Wachovia's:

10-13-07028.jpg

Edited by Andyc545

While looking back through this thread I saw this rendering posted back in august. I dont remember seeing this one and thought that maybe they changed the pic on the link? Either way, its a great rendering and shows that they will divide the block up into 4 sections by running two streets through the middle. I had originally thought only 1 street was going through parallel to church.

photos_office-scs.jpg

I happened to save it. This is the one that was there before, for people to compare.

You can clearly see that the design for TWELVE is not the double-spire on each end like before. That seems to be a good change, as the original design was very much like Novare's other projects in other cities.

post-670-1192931734_thumb.jpg

It's getting better....assuming that there will be a new E-W street and a new N-S street bisecting this project and the garage designed to support a 4th tower, then this project is as close to ideal as I could hope for.

I'm still not convinced we've seen the final TWELVE design, but I like the extra height extended in that direction for skyline aesthetic reasons.

I happened to save it. This is the one that was there before, for people to compare.

You can clearly see that the design for TWELVE is not the double-spire on each end like before. That seems to be a good change, as the original design was very much like Novare's other projects in other cities.

post-670-1192931734_thumb.jpg

Actually I disagree. I think they have actually reverted back to the style of the first drawing that was shown in the CBJ. If u look closely they have changed it to that. I think they just placed the original levine twelve design in the place of twelve, because it was a design they already had.

One question however that I thought about, and I haven't heard referenced to since the levine twelve. Is the Charlotte Dance Company still locating at twelve, or has that changed due to distance to Blumenthal.

Edited by Guest

Is it just the perspective or is the office tower taller in the newer rendering compared to Catalyst? Catalyst actually seems pretty short in the newest rendering, either that or Twelve is now taller. I wish they'd show another angle, preferably of Twelve, but I guess then you couldn't see the two shorter portions of the project.

I'm not sure I remember seeing a rendering of the Levine-sited TWELVE that looked like that, but it is possible that I missed it.

Count the floors and you'll see there is no change to height for the office tower and the Catalyst. They do look similar in size, but that is probably both perspective and the fact that they'll be closer than you'd think due to the taller floors in office towers.

• 2 weeks later...

Great photo Mobuchu. Thats one of the best I've seen so far. I was talking to friend the other day and he was telling me that Novare probably won't use the lottery system to begin sales for Catalyst (which he said he also heard would be expected in late February/early March which is when all the Avenue units will be closed). My question to those who are familiar with Novare is what other processes have they used for sales (especially at the beginning). The only thing I can think of other than the lottery system is just having people line up like for concert tickets. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

So yea, there will be two roads in the project. One road seperating the parking garage and Twelve into one block. The other road will seperate Catalyst and the office building and will dead end into a T intersection at the other road. I thought this was interesting.

Thanks for the update norm.

I would have preferred the east-west road go all the way to Mint, but this is infinitely better than what has existed for the past 40 years or so. I too hope that these are real roads with parallel parking spots and their own sidewalks with planters.

I noticed that base work on the corner of the parking decks subflooring was being poored today. Looked like they were pooring concrete in some of the cast piles that were bored into the ground. Looks like the parking deck is starting to pick up speed with Cataylst some now.... :good:

Actually that won't be a parking deck, that will be straight condos, they will be using an adjacent site for a parking deck. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.