3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

This building went 100% rental didn't it?

What does everyone think will happen to Twelve? Will it get built, scaled down, abandoned?

It's half rentals, half owners... Not sure what will happen with Twelve. My guess at a minimum it will be on hold for the next few years. If it does come to fruition, it will probably be in a different form and scale.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum!

Please see this thread for baseball info, and this one for Bearden Park info.

In the future, please give the search function a try. Its located in the lower left corner of the site. I found both of these threads by searching for "bearden"

Thanks

Thank you for the information, I found that search box about 5 minutes after posting my first! :scared:

• 2 weeks later...

As I was leaving from work, I decided to go inside the Catalyst to mill around for a bit since a model of the site caught my eye. Pretty sure you guys know about it, but don't remember anyone posting pictures. Well, if there are you can delete mine. The model looks pretty darn impressive to say the least, much better than the one BOA did last summer. It's too bad the hotel/condo tower won't be built anytime soon.

Aside from the hideous parking deck, both buildings go quite nicely with each other.

Novare5.jpg

This office tower has one heck of a reflecting glass.

Novare4.jpg

Novare2.jpg

the arc overhead cover that leads to the parking deck is pretty cool. I'm glad they used this design rather than a boring rectangular shape.

Novare3.jpg

Novare1.jpg

This may have been covered in a previous post, but did they cancel twelve?

on indefinite hold if I remember correctly. I don't blame them for not building right now since Catalyst is no where sold out.

On a different note, they removing the scaffolding on Church Street. Gosh, I'm actually going to miss it :o

Pretty cool, thanks for the pics dxartist... My question is what will they do with the lot where TWELVE was set to go? Hopefully they can at least put some grass and some trees in there or something instead of some dirt lot :blush:

no problem dubll75. I would have posted the model earlier, but I was too lazy and forgetful about bringing my camera. As far as the empty lot, they'll put in grass so I can play ultimate frisbee.

Edited by dxartist

As far as the empty lot, they'll put in grass so I can play ultimate frisbee.

I wish they'd put a fence around part of it and make it a dog-run/park. That is something I've noticed is severely lacking in Charlotte compared to most cities.

Edited by aussie luke

I believe that Duke was originally going to occupy part of the building hence their desire to keep the skybridge. With them now committed to space in Wells Fargo Center, I doubt that they will occupy 440 S. Church, and I bet the skybridge comes down.

I can confirm that the skybridge over 1st St. will be dismantled.....1 down, many to go.

Initially when 440 S. Church was going up, I didn't think I was going to like it; I thought it was going to be overwhelmingly bland. It does have a neutral color scheme going on, but now that it's practically finished, I actually like the building. I think the glass along with the roof feature won me over. It also fits really well with its surroundings.

• 2 weeks later...

More great pics InitialD... question: what's on top of the Catalyst? It looks like it almost may be seating for something? Definitely amazed at how fast that office building went up.

Just guessing here, but they look like they could be hot water tanks. In the developing world you'll see many houses with a black tank on the roof - the sun heats the water and is a cheap (and green) way of providing hot water.

Heat pumps/condensers for about half the units are on the roof. The other half are behind the metal trim on the lower half of the building where the units are adjacent to the living areas, but recessed into the exterior walls.