3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

Catalyst is still advertising FOR SALE units in next weekend's Urban Living Showcase from CCCP. I thought they were 100% rental as well, but apparently not. They are saying $160s - $390s for those units. For those that want to come out to the event, details are HERE. Lots of condo tours and great photo opps. No realtor pressure at all, you may encounter some leasing agents, but they aren't pushy.

You buy advertising blocks on a period basis, whether it be monthly, yearly or quarterly. If you remember we had sightings of One Charlotte Ads months after that deal went dead. So advertising is never a good tool to gauge a projects health.

You buy advertising blocks on a period basis, whether it be monthly, yearly or quarterly. If you remember we had sightings of One Charlotte Ads months after that deal went dead. So advertising is never a good tool to gauge a projects health.

This is from a pretty reliable source and was confirmed yesterday. Not to dispute what you said about advertising, but the Vue was also confirmed yesterday. They are not announcing any good news YET, but those agents are holding on for dear life and they are still participating in the showcase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went by the site over the weekend... As much as I dislike the fact they are putting a parking lot here, I'm at least pleased with the aesthetics of it. It's not just a sheet of asphalt. They integrated some grass and planted some trees so it's not too bad as far as parking lots go. On another note, has anyone heard of anything with regard to the retail spot yet? Definitely a sizable spot...

I went by the site over the weekend... As much as I dislike the fact they are putting a parking lot here, I'm at least pleased with the aesthetics of it. It's not just a sheet of asphalt. They integrated some grass and planted some trees so it's not too bad as far as parking lots go. On another note, has anyone heard of anything with regard to the retail spot yet? Definitely a sizable spot...

Agreed. It could be worse. The new sidewalk and street trees add a lot, though I wish they had continued the brick pavers down to Mint.

Friday morning the rainbow lighting on 440 S Church was being tested. The lights are just above the entrance at 1st and Church, and they shine upward on that corner of the building. (Didn't see this mentioned up-thread -- sorry if it was already.)

Also, on the 1st street side of the parking deck, they have put up some black silhouettes of people -- skateboarders, business people, man on a bench, children playing. Interesting touch.

I dont think the lighting for 440 S. Church has been posted yet. Here's a couple shots from earlier this week. The lighting can change colors much like DEC can, they were rotating through all the different colors last week, but are now keeping it solid.

10-20-09

118667108.jpg

118667114.jpg

Its all uplighting, but reflective material around the windows make it look like there are lighting strips on every floor.

118667118.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ally Bank logo is going up on the top of the building this week. Should be up and lit in time for the televised football game this weekend.

It's already up as of last night. Just a white big letter ALLY sign. I'm of mixed feelings about it. The truth is that it fits withing most corporate signage I've seen on buildings yet it's kind of bland. That said, it does add something to the skyline as fr as visual interest. Also, I kind of hope it portends to and eventual HQ of the bank in CLT.

It's already up as of last night. Just a white big letter ALLY sign. I'm of mixed feelings about it. The truth is that it fits withing most corporate signage I've seen on buildings yet it's kind of bland. That said, it does add something to the skyline as fr as visual interest. Also, I kind of hope it portends to and eventual HQ of the bank in CLT.

I saw it today (was doing some Xmas shopping at the Panthers team store). If the backdrop of that building is purple with the white ALLY sign, I think it will look pretty darn cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...