3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

That's great news. It looks like Novare is serious about putting all of their project on the ground if they are investing this much into the park already.

True, though this propsed park is a major selling point for this development of theirs and they aren't going to want to build these towers and them be seperated by a surface lot. I'm sure this donation was a way of saying,"Hurry things up!" :thumbsup:

Edited by DaAchiever

True, though this propsed park is a major selling point for this development of theirs and they aren't going to want to build these towers and them be seperated by a surface lot. I'm sure this donation was a way of saying,"Hurry things up!" :thumbsup:

Yeah there's some reciprocity in this nature. It's still a good thing nonetheless.

kinda reminiscent of the newest exsisting wachovia tower (forget the name)... i can't wait to see a more detailed rendering b/c it appears there are alot of subtle details going on. i'll reserve my final judgement until i see more, but as it stands i like it fine.

is it just me or is it a little conservative... even by novare standards. that doesn't mean i don't think it's classy.

* also, judging from that rendering i could definitely see how they WOULD bake in the ol' duke energy entry facade... that'd be sweet.

Edited by cinco

I give the design an A. The beige color scheme not only looks classic, but it adds a lot of stature. As another poster has mentioned, this building should look beautiful as a backdrop for the glassy new Wachovia buildings.

And of course who doesn't like the decorative top! I give the top an A+. Striking and lovely.

I think this rendering spells excellent news for Uptown. This is the first building of the project, and they are starting it with a bang. Beige yes, but boring no. Anything but boring with that neo classical design at the top! I can only imagine how lovely it will be lit up at night.

Novare seems to understand how to build attractive high rises without odd "backs". Charlotte looks like it will be the big winner with this project. Imagine a string of buildings of this stature lining the new park!

This building goes to MLK/2nd and Church.

In the image below, from left to right it is the ugly concrete Duke HQ building, the new office tower to be built by Novare (~16 stories), the condo tower with the rendering on the previous page (27 stories), TWELVE Charlotte (~39 stories), the park, and a ~30 story condo building at 3rd and Church.

gal_Novare-Project-cccp-website.gif

Compared to most Novare projects, I like the design. It is more detailed, and it actually seems to fit Charlotte somehow. I don't think it is spectacular, but it is certain an above average design for a condo tower.

I love the 462 units (compared to the ~400 units originally announced) directly on the park. I believe this development will help put people on South Tryon, supporting the existing street retail in that area, and helping them afford to stay open later (the Latta Arcade is across the street from this project and includes an Eckerd Drug store that closes very quickly in the afternoon). This project, especially when added as part of a tremendous number of projects going up nearby, will be transformative for South Tryon and 3rd Ward.

Wow. I'd look closely at the other renderings in the group photo, the actual rendering of 408 S. Church looks almost exactly like the massing rendering released earlier. It also reminds me of a shorter version of the Atlantic in Atlanta. http://www.theatlanticresidences.com/.

By the way, on a hunch I tried this and thought I had come up with something... Alas...page found, but no rendering.

Compared to most Novare projects, I like the design.

Looking at Novare's current projects, I'd have to place the design of all of them, except Realm, ViewPoint, and Viridian, above the 3rd Ward tower. That's not to say that the 3rd Ward tower design is bad, but I just thought it could have been better. It just seems to be prototypical of Novare IMO.