3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

I agree ^^^

Sorta retro, sorta modern.  It was relatively small compared to most Mellow Mushrooms I've been to in the past, but still unique.  Has a great view of the park (sans barricades) and the staff is friendly (albeit still on a learning curve with the menu.)  They weren't too busy on a saturday night before a huge football game, but maybe that's to be expected.  I have a feeling they'll do just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran by today but somehow am already so used to its presence that I forgot to look closely to notice the brick.    Topping out is a big deal.

http://mecktimes.com/news/2013/01/09/childress-klein-construction-to-start-friday-on-85m-south-mint-apartments/

Coincidentally, it's exactly a year since all the PR articles on it.  I looked it up to see the estimated completion, which is apparently this summer (18 months).

• Like 1

So it looks like the building is topped out, can anyone confirm that it is?? I didn't realize it was going to be so much shorter than the Catalyst, looks kinda weird.

Yeah I knew it was going to be a good 10 or so stories shorter. It would look weirder if it were too close to the same height IMO, since the style is pretty different. 

^Having seen this in person I think the building already gives off a sense of massive going by length (not height) and am actually thrilled with it's height particularly since it is next to the park.  I think over the current height might have overwhelmed the park a bit (again, considering the sense of length/width of building)

Is it odd that Childress-Klien is still this quiet on the project???

extremely, even their approved plans call it "South Mint Apartments" and I really doubt that is the final name of them...

Edited by Guest

Childress Klein is commercial real estate company.  The lack of branding says to me they plan to develop it, and then sell it to a REIT or apartment company without any branding baggage.  I still think of it as Circle SouthEnd, even though Post owns it.  So this way they don't cloud the marketplace with competing or alternate branding information until they can get it sold.

Childress Klein is commercial real estate company.  The lack of branding says to me they plan to develop it, and then sell it to a REIT or apartment company without any branding baggage.  I still think of it as Circle SouthEnd, even though Post owns it.  So this way they don't cloud the marketplace with competing or alternate branding information until they can get it sold.

That makes sense, but wouldn't they release some kind of press release or specs (specific building info, 8billion sq feet of retail, etc) to interest a potential buyer in the first place? Or is that all done behind the scenes?

Edited by Jayvee

That makes sense, but wouldn't they release some kind of press release or specs (specific building info, 8billion sq feet of retail, etc) to interest a potential buyer in the first place? Or is that all done behind the scenes?

All that info is readiliy available Already. What info do you want? I have the Submittal on my work computer.