3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

Contractor's (JE Dunn) plans for putting sub-work out to bid.  Just linking to Graham St elevations and library of files.  It looks pretty similar to most every other project.  Nothing horrible, but sort of bummed about the blank wall fronting Graham.

http://ldiline.com/showpdf.cfm?proj=180854&file=011ARC_A5.4A.pdf&dir=ARC

http://ldiline.com/showpdf.cfm?proj=180854&file=011ARC_A5.4B.pdf&dir=ARC

All files:

http://ldiline.com/home.cfm?id=180854

Question (apologies for ignorance):

Are there start dates for the graham street apartment projects (the one across from the ballpark and the one by the government building)???

And they will both have retail?

And finally, is there anything planned for the plot bordered by Graham, 4th, 3rd and the railroad tracks?

Edited by Jayvee

Question (apologies for ignorance):

Are there start dates for the graham street apartment projects (the one across from the ballpark and the one by the government building)???

And they will both have retail?

And finally, is there anything planned for the plot bordered by Graham, 4th, 3rd and the railroad tracks?

Woodfield at Graham 3 Qt 2014 – No Retail

"the Mint" 1st Qt 2014 – Small Retail Space facing ballpark.

Graham, 4th, 3rd This will be part of the greater Gateway Station area.

Woodfield at Graham 3 Qt 2014 – No Retail

"the Mint" 1st Qt 2014 – Small Retail Space facing ballpark.

Graham, 4th, 3rd This will be part of the greater Gateway Station area.

Now what on earth goes through a developers mind when they DONT include retail for a project like this???? One that will be a pretty heavy with foot-traffic

Why would there be heavy foot traffic on that part of Graham?

More annoying is the Mint doesn't have retail fronting Trade. Though I'm excited it does face 4th as 4th street has a lot of potential to be something special (which is very exciting considering it's history; or lack of)

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Why would there be heavy foot traffic on that part of Graham?

More annoying is the Mint doesn't have retail fronting Trade

From the stadium(s) and the park. By retail I mean, a bar. Heck, even Post Uptown has 1 and Post Gateway has 2, this would be a MUCH better location to have one.

And yes the Mint not having retail fronting Trade also makse no sense, so to reiterate my question, what could possibly be the logic behind the decision to not have it?

Edited by Jayvee

As much as I would like for Woodfield to have retail, I can kind of understand it not being included. It's not going to be a heavily foot-trafficked area except for people coming from parking lots on that side of the stadium on game days. That side of the ballpark is clearly the "back" side and will have little activity, and that's a large block to walk around, so it will be somewhat hidden from most people. There is no other retail within a block in any direction, so any that did get put in there would probably struggle. 

However its still a pretty lame podium project IMO, I would have liked to at least have seen ground floor apartments with patios. Its street level looks on par with the least thoughtful of Southend apartment projects. 

As much as I would like for Woodfield to have retail, I can kind of understand it not being included. It's not going to be a heavily foot-trafficked area except for people coming from parking lots on that side of the stadium on game days. That side of the ballpark is clearly the "back" side and will have little activity, and that's a large block to walk around, so it will be somewhat hidden from most people. There is no other retail within a block in any direction, so any that did get put in there would probably struggle. 

However its still a pretty lame podium project IMO, I would have liked to at least have seen ground floor apartments with patios. Its street level looks on par with the least thoughtful of Southend apartment projects. 

Honestly the podium is unavoidable, as this is a pretty small footprint. As far as lack of retail goes, There will be TONS of retail included as part of Gateway station. So the more residences to support it the better. 

extremely, even their approved plans call it "South Mint Apartments" and I really doubt that is the final name of them.

Apparently the Childress Klein project will be called "Element Uptown"

ummm, OK....

https://twitter.com/CBJrealestate/status/426760360511954944/photo/1

Edited by kermit

Eh, its no worse or more generic than any of the others...Catalyst, Avenue, Trademark...really even Vue and Skye are pretty generic sounding though I kind of like them for whatever reason. Element just doesn't seem to fit that building since its going for a little more of an old-school refined look. I swear if it weren't on MLK which as a street name gets a bad rap in most cities, they would have just named it the address. 

Eh, its no worse or more generic than any of the others...Catalyst, Avenue, Trademark...really even Vue and Skye are pretty generic sounding though I kind of like them for whatever reason. Element just doesn't seem to fit that building since its going for a little more of an old-school refined look. I swear if it weren't on MLK which as a street name gets a bad rap in most cities, they would have just named it the address. 

Ha, so true when i tell my friends about Catalyst or the "nice new park" being on MLK people are like uhhhh its nice???? And yeah those names are all rather generic. I would like the name Legacy for some reason... :dontknow:

Soooo walking into Uptown this morning, I spied what definitely looked to be construction fencing going up between "Celebs" and the Courthouse on the parking lot that spans from 4th to Trade to Graham. I guess this would be for the as-yet unknown Multifamily "427 West Trade"

• Like 1

Soooo walking into Uptown this morning, I spied what definitely looked to be construction fencing going up between "Celebs" and the Courthouse on the parking lot that spans from 4th to Trade to Graham. I guess this would be for the as-yet unknown Multifamily "427 West Trade"

Incorrect sir. Its known. These are "The Mint" Apartments. 

YAY!  I was staring angrily at that parking lot this weekend from Romare Bearden!

• Like 1