3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

Just FWIW - my wife parks in the lot that is to become Woodfield and she has heard nothing from the parking company about the lot closing.  I'm not sure if that means anything or not. Just seems strange that it's supposed to start in Q1 or Q2 (or so I thought) and nothing has been passed along to the current people parking there.

Edited by birky

Question, refresh my memory: what is going to happen with the building Celebs (used to be Pesto) is in??? Is it going to be built around it or will it be torn down?

Its being built around it. Hopefully the construction will drive it out of business and it can open up as something better with the new residents coming.

Latta Arcade. With the explosive growth of the 3rd ward, and the unique niche of the small corridor, I envision greatness at this juncture.

It doesn't have to be a small corridor.

300 South Tryon -if developed correctly- could be by far the most transformative project.

It fronts Tryon, Fronts Romare Bearden and directly beside Latta....

I'm thinking Epicenter #2 but in the style of Latta Arcade with retail like clothing, office supplies, lotions, bars etc,

That's the best, best hope IMO for A huge game changer. To bad we can't pick up crescent and move it to that location... I can't think of a more desirable place in Charlotte.

Edit; too bad they can't pull an epicenter and have the retail portion built and have the option for office/residential later!

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 2

It doesn't have to be a small corridor.

300 South Tryon -if developed correctly- could be by far the most transformative project.

It fronts Tryon, Fronts Romare Bearden and directly beside Latta....

I'm thinking Epicenter #2 but in the style of Latta Arcade with retail like clothing, office supplies, lotions, bars etc,

That's the best, best hope IMO for A huge game changer. To bad we can't pick up crescent and move it to that location... I can't think of a more desirable place in Charlotte.

Edit; too bad they can't pull an epicenter and have the retail portion built and have the option for office/residential later!

but I'm talkin about right now, not 3 years from now.

Why do developers allow these types of buildings/designs in uptown?  Especially near the new ballpark, seems they'd want the architecture to blend with the ball parks throwback character because anything less than all or mostly brick should be the minimum in that part of uptown but what do I know.   The Hampton and Residence Inn were missed opportunities, such a tragedy...coulda been sleek small scalish urban designs to reflect modern Charlotte....who the hell is in charge?

Celebs?  I've been there, Charlotte could use more places like that uptown to deflate some of the vanilla persona and broaden appeal to a wide range of people.

It is one of many fauxades in this city, with plastic stucco being the main ingredient and resulting in a fake and low quality result.  

Once again, it isn't the worst building in the world, but it is just a shame on such a high visibility location that something more interesting wasn't done.   The scale is consistent with Gateway Village, so I think that is not a failure, especially if they are trying to keep rents affordable to fill a different market than the towers are.

attachicon.gifScreen shot 2014-01-30 at 10.14.06 AM.png

Sorry for the delay, I couldn't get the site to load yesterday. Here is the elevation for the 4th Street Side. I love the scale, and it calls it "Retail Level" So woohoo Retail.

That's great! I really think retail is a must for this location, especially on the 4th and trade st side.

One retail space is better than nothing, but this facade is still a bit of a bummer with so much of it just parking structure facing the ballpark. The Trade St. side will probably look nicer even though it doesn't include retail, just a lobby/leasing office. All that said I think there's a decent chance of material choice elevating this one to above-average compared to our other crop of stick-built apartment buildings.

post-17104-0-80662500-1391096221_thumb.p

Here are the callouts for the front materials.

One retail space is better than nothing, but this facade is still a bit of a bummer with so much of it just parking structure facing the ballpark. The Trade St. side will probably look nicer even though it doesn't include retail, just a lobby/leasing office. All that said I think there's a decent chance of material choice elevating this one to above-average compared to our other crop of stick-built apartment buildings.