3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

Any word on when any of these Novare projects will begin presales or even open a sales center? Also, does anyone have a timeline for any of the other big projects presales (i.e. Wachovia)?

Novare needs no sales to actually start, but my hunch is that they will use the current sales center that they are marketing The Avenue from. The timing would be ideal to start marketing as soon as the Avenue is nearing completion and there would be no need to seek out an additional space, if they stand pat.

A2

Any word on when any of these Novare projects will begin presales or even open a sales center? Also, does anyone have a timeline for any of the other big projects presales (i.e. Wachovia)?

If they stick to their past marketing, which seems to work, they will start sales soon after the foundation is under construction. They seem to like having sales follow dirt moving (builds confidence in buyers and eliminates the types of rumors that seemt to start when a project is announced but dirt doesn't move for a while).

TonyCLT at first I was also a bit concerned that Overture might be too similar to Wachovia 3. But at a closer look, about all they have in common is their basic shape. Novarre's tower looks more classical than Wach 3, and will look perfect juxtaposed to 400 S.Tryon. From what I can tell, Overture will be shorter than 400 S. Tryon which will give the southern skyline more visual interest.

This project is so exciting, as it will transform a huge chunk of 3rd Ward from an asphalt hell into a lovely urban community.

One thing I'm hoping NOT to see in this development is a "matchy-matchy" look. A great example of how silly matchy-matchy looks is the Hilton Garden Inn, the Tower, and what's that other hotel(?) All three with the same color scheme and architectural style. Makes it look like a common office park.

Of course all the buildings of the new urban community should flow well, look graceful together. Just please none of that matchy-matchy stuff:)

This project is so exciting, as it will transform a huge chunk of 3rd Ward from an asphalt hell into a lovely urban community.

One thing I'm hoping NOT to see in this development is a "matchy-matchy" look. A great example of how silly matchy-matchy looks is the Hilton Garden Inn, the Tower, and what's that other hotel(?) All three with the same color scheme and architectural style. Makes it look like a common office park.

Of course all the buildings of the new urban community should flow well, look graceful together. Just please none of that matchy-matchy stuff:)

Residence Inn?

Unfortunately, its a Hampton Inn. :mellow: I agree, I really do not like the look of those condos sticking up between two hotels. IMO, I wouldnt buy one, but props to those who support the project i guess. It does add some density and once plenty of projects go up around it (eventually) it will be nothing more than a building near the inner loop.

Edited by CLTNative

Looks like the debris cleanup is almost complete.

Yeah, I was simply amazed at how fast that went. One day a we had a huge heaping mound of twisted steel and crumbled concrete, the next a wonderful blank canvas on which to erect a beautiful skraper. :rolleyes:

(Those guys were good and have demo and clean up down to a science)

A2

The end of Avenue's construction, and the begining of Overture's construction appear to be timed pretty close. Avenue's topping out should be soon. The 3rd Ward demolition happened in the blink of an eye. Novare doesn't horse around.

i wonder if they will have it timed well enough to just ship the crane over - that would be impressive

Well just in case anyone missed it, here are the stats for the first two towers Novare has announced.

Twelve:

150 room hotel

400 condos

6,000sq.ft. restaurant space

5,000sq.ft. ballroom

construction Winter '07 to Winter '08

Yet-to-be-Named Condo Tower:

27 floors with 462 condos

10,000sq.ft. of retail

construction Summer '07 to Winter '08