3rd Ward Midrise Projects

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's CBJ - "Barings takes new approach in adding retail space at uptown corner" by Ashley Fahey  (Paywall - Subscriber article) Excerpt:  "Charlotte-based Barings will renovate the parking dec

No wonder Charlotte doesn't have a Chinatown...Charlotte's got Beiging

Update on the old picassos spot: The people behind All American, Brazzwells and Whiskey Warehouse are opening up a bar. And best news of all: that elevated parking lot is going to become a giant pat

Posted Images

Question re: Green's Lunch.  Would it make sense to essentially swap locations on the same plot? That is, move from facing 4th st to facing 3rd, where they would face the park, the baseball stadium, and all of the new construction projects?

The Packard Place parcel was subdivided into two parcels earlier this year, which means it's only going to include the rear parking parcel and not the small podium parking that's adjacent to the building. If that small piece isn't included, I don't think the Preferred Parking parcel at the corner of 3rd & Church is included either, and the Brownfields application only includes the Packard Place parcel and the RBC parcel at 3rd & Poplar, so I have a feeling it's only those two parcels that total about 0.61 acres. 

What's unclear though is how you would access the lower level of the parking deck if they sold the entire newly carved off parcel.  Prefferred Parking would have to be willing to grant an ingress/egress easement.

The property highlighted in red above includes the curb cut along with the alley used to access the lower level of the small Packard parking thing.

Yes, this is roughly what it looks like now (although this street view is a few years old I think). Don't know the purpose of those two garage entrances on the Packard site, but something would have to be done.

ScreenShot2014-07-29at115554AM_zps646807

Edited by JoshuaDrown

I just pulled the new plat map and in addition to the 16 feet from the underground entrance, there is an additional 8 foot access easement on the newly created parcel, so that gives them a 24' drive off of 3rd to access the lower level parking. 

• Like 2

Has there been discussion about something going into the corner lot at MLK Blvd and S. Graham (owned by 401 South Graham Street LLC)?

At once point a million years ago, this was going to be a development. Its the perfect place for another hotel, imho

How far fetched would it be to expand the Residence Inn? It would be pretty cool to have a large elevated terrace connecting over the garage to watch games. We have speculated it may change brands...

Personally, I think that is going to become a regular Marriott when the (now) Marriott becomes (hopefully) a JW Marriott.

How far fetched would it be to expand the Residence Inn? It would be pretty cool to have a large elevated terrace connecting over the garage to watch games. We have speculated it may change brands...

Very far fetched. The deck would have needed to be built specifically for that purpose with structural supports to carry the load of the building, which I'm sure it wasn't. 

Wow! That should put it close to 400'!

That's going Tower above Trademark, Element, Catalyst, Mint, & maybe Carillon. :) that will add a great dynamic.

And I think retail would kick butt in this location.

But I guess the more important question. What are the odds it's built anytime soon?

I Hope This can come to be soooo baddd. so bad.

• Like 1

I have it from a knowledgeable source that the parcel between 3rd & 4th, Mint and Poplar is in play for a high rise.

The 26 story Greystar development? Or is it something different. 

Multifamily company Greystar Real Estate Partners is exploring the development of a 26-story high-rise apartment building at an uptown Charlotte site next to BB&T Ballpark and Romare Bearden Park, according to real estate records.

The building would include some retail space and would be built atop three stories of underground parking. The land Greystar is considering for the development is on a block bordered by South Mint, West Third, South Poplar and West Fourth streets.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/02/greystar-exploring-26-story-high-rise-next-to-bb-t.html

Edited by AirNostrumMAD