3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

So the fences around Element have just been taken down and packed up this morning, Element logo/signage installed this morning above the door, MLK getting its blacktop as we speak and the lobby was furnished with Crate & Barrel yesterday.

So do we call this one done as of now?

Need pictures... Need pictures.

Crane is going higher at the Mint.  There must be at least 7-10 of these now all over Uptown, SouthEnd, Midtown, Dillworth.

Also I asked one of the workers at Element who was cleaning windows about when it opens and he said first residents move in on the Aug 25th.  He also told me how he met Cam Newton this morning as both were walking across the park to get to work :)

post-28621-0-58353500-1408193636_thumb.j

Edited by navigator319

There isn't any retail, is there?

If you look at their web site, the only thing listed is a Yoga/Workout studio and the leasing/business center on the 1st floor. I suspect once the building fills out, they can convert the leasing center to some sort of retail space. 

• Like 1

^ I suspect that at some point they will convert the eastern 1/2 of the ground floor into retail.  Can anyone confirm that the 1/2 closest to Catalyst is all model units at this point (and the 1/2 closest to Mint St is where the resident amenities are).

It would make sense once they get this thing leased up and they don't need like 6-7 model units for all the floor-plans to convert that space to retail assuming retail rents justify the conversion cost.

Looks great but it's SO DEAD. It'll be nice to get the addl foot traffic of Woodfield and Element going.

I was down this way just today and commented how many MORE people were on the street than I expected. I think time and day make all the difference.