3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

I would assume it would be the same as this tower as it is also 34 Stories and 400 units:  http://www.multihousingnews.com/cities/washington-dc/greystar-to-develop-400-unit-34-story-residential-tower-in-tysons-corner/1004105285.html

But probably with a pool at about the tenth floor over-looking the park and ballpark*

*based in fantasy

Isn't it a year or so before renderings are released? I thought they were in the early planning stages

Edit: Looking at that picture of MLK... I'd be surprised if this building didn't have some good retail.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

I would assume it would be the same as this tower as it is also 34 Stories and 400 units:  http://www.multihousingnews.com/cities/washington-dc/greystar-to-develop-400-unit-34-story-residential-tower-in-tysons-corner/1004105285.html

I like the overall design. Though, I wouldn't be mad if they did something in contrast with the glass or steel siding... Perhaps a different tint, though not necessarily Arlington pink. 

Edited by wend28

I like the overall design. Though, I wouldn't be mad if they did something in contrast with the glass or steel siding... Perhaps a different tint, though not necessarily Arlington pink. 

Knowing Charlotte, it will require to have a lot of brick.

Hello everyone.  Here is a construction timelapse video update of The Mint.  Not a whole lot of movement with the crane yet, but they are using it lightly to move in some lumber.  There is some block tower action on the left, and also some work going on in the parking garage.  All of my videos look better in HD, so be sure to hit the little gear button and tell it to display in 720p or 1080p.

http://youtu.be/SXROb0Ihuw4

Keep in mind that site in DC is 1.8 acres and the uptown site is 0.6 acres. I would be very surprised if they weren't using the existing deck on that block for their parking. It would be extremely inefficient and expensive if they were parking the project in that small of a footprint. Based on the parcel size and shape, the building massing will likely look more like trademark or Vue (square shaped) versus the Tyson's Corner deal that looks more like Skyhouse, Element, & Catalyst. Materials are probably in line with what they'll do though.  

Keep in mind that site in DC is 1.8 acres and the uptown site is 0.6 acres. I would be very surprised if they weren't using the existing deck on that block for their parking. It would be extremely inefficient and expensive if they were parking the project in that small of a footprint. Based on the parcel size and shape, the building massing will likely look more like trademark or Vue (square shaped) versus the Tyson's Corner deal that looks more like Skyhouse, Element, & Catalyst. Materials are probably in line with what they'll do though.  

That would explain the 8 floor increase in height. The smaller lot than originally planned. I was curious about parking as well, they must have signed a contract with the parking deck on 4th.

Today's email blast from the Knights sez that they will open the park at 11am on Panther home game days for 'tailgating.' They will sell beer and food.

EDIT: Not sure this makes much sense, but I am glad they are making an effort to create activity in and around the park in the offseason.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

Today's email blast from the Knights sez that they will open the park at 11am on Panther home game days for 'tailgating.' They will sell beer and food.

EDIT: Not sure this makes much sense, but I am glad they are making an effort to create activity in and around the park in the offseason.

Wait what???? No way..... that is amazing, and genius

Beer before noon on Sunday? That's awesome but they can do that?

hmmm, I didn't think of that. Makes me think that they didn't really think it through.

I did double check the email, they do say "Hot Food and Cold Beer & Soda will be available"