Oreck to add Cookeville Jobs

memphian

In today's Tennessean there is an article about how Oreck will be adding some 400 jobs at their Cookeville manufacturing plant. This is a great boost for the Upper Cumberland area. As a former resident of Cookeville I can attest to the hard-working employment base there. The people are proud of their quality reputation (and no doubt they should be).

Will more begin to happen for this area as the region grows? I hope so.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In today's Tennessean there is an article about how Oreck will be adding some 400 jobs at their Cookeville manufacturing plant. This is a great boost for the Upper Cumberland area. As a former resident of Cookeville I can attest to the hard-working employment base there. The people are proud of their quality reputation (and no doubt they should be).

That's a good observation. I don't know where any money comes from. As of right now my view of Cookeville is that it is a great manufacturing community but like you said... things have closed and are rumored to close. U.S. Comapnies need to become a bit more reliable as places to work. Cookeville is just one example of many cities that are fighting the same war for jobs.

TECH has also been traditonally a safe place for employment as well as Averitt Express' Corporate Headquarters and now Suntrust has a call center there too.

Archived