Activity at The Stacks?

Mr. Brass Bonanza

It looks like something's going on on the south side of the stacks interchange between I-84 and Route 9. There are a couple of earth movers, and it seems like they're making a road or something. This is in the area where I-291 would have gone north under the stacks. Looking at satellite pictures, you can see most of the roads are already there. If they decided to extend Route 9 under the stacks and utilize the existing roads, it would bring it to the road that goes behind the UConn Health Center. That would certainly help people trying to get to the hospital traveling north on Route 9, rather than having to get on I-84 West briefly and then take the Route 4 exit.

Does anyone know if this what they're doing?

Below is a picture of the stacks and the roads that exisit that are not used. UConn Health Center is at the upper left, and the western part of Westfarm Mall is on the bottom right:

stacks.bmp

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived