Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jungletobacco

Favorite Georgia Celebrity

11 posts in this topic

Im pretty much sure every town and city in Georgia has a favorite son or daughter that it in the public eye. Share whos your favorite Georgia icon. My personal favorites are the rap duo Outkast. Andre 3000 from College, Georgia and Big Boi born in Savannah Ga but move to Atlanta are Hip-Hop legends.

James Brown is another favorite. He influenced many artists like Micheal Jackson amd Usher. The hardest working man in show business was born in Augusta GA.

It's hard not to put James Brown. The biggest in Augusta. Also have to throw in Charles Howell and Vaughn Taylor, both players on the PGA Tour and from Augusta.

Um, Elton John, who lives in Atlanta. He's just cool. To me, also, I have to put in celebrities like Michael Stipe of REM and the Indigo Girls (from Little Five Points) who really try to make a change in our society for the better. Social activism at its finest.

I'd also go with James Brown. Although he wasn't born in Augusta (Barnwell, SC) and doesn't live there now (Beech Island, SC), he mostly grew up there.

As for celebrities born in GA, I have to show some love for Macon's own, Little Richard.

^ Don't forget about the Allman Brothers (also from Macon)!!!!

I'd also go with James Brown. Although he wasn't born in Augusta (Barnwell, SC) and doesn't live there now (Beech Island, SC), he mostly grew up there.

HEY!What about Ray Charles from ALbany.USHER,Gladys Knight,ALan JAckson?

Julia Roberts (Smyrna), Jeff Foxworthy (Hapeville), Jimmy Carter (Plains...I think), Matin Luther King, Jr (Atlanta) That's all I can think of right now.

well its not her hometown, but speaking of celebirties - jennifer garner is in town, savannah .. at her local manision shared with hubby Ben Affleck...