Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coyote35

Shopping in GR - Christmas help

15 posts in this topic

I need help. I would like to give my wife a diamond for Christmas but everywhere I've looked the prices are outrages.

Where is the best place for jewlery, in both quality and cost, in the Grand Rapids area. I would rather not haunt the malls but rather I would like to support the smaller operator. I am rether new to the area and have not found a place where you don't have to pay marked up retail

Please help

Medawar's is very good, and Thomas S. Fox. You'll have to trek out to 28th Street for either of those though, but not to the malls. They're both locally owned.

Medawar's

Fox's Jewelers

This should really go in the Coffee House.

I need help. I would like to give my wife a diamond for Christmas but everywhere I've looked the prices are outrages.

Where is the best place for jewlery, in both quality and cost, in the Grand Rapids area. I would rather not haunt the malls but rather I would like to support the smaller operator. I am rether new to the area and have not found a place where you don't have to pay marked up retail

Please help

Well since one's already started, what about local shops for computers and computer parts? Most notably, affordable laptops? I've had it with Best Buy and their crazy prices and horrible service.

Please help

Please help

My favorite is Metal Art Studio on north Monroe. Owned by Scott Carey. I purhased my wife's ring there as well as a pendant necklace and earrings. Scott is great and has some really unique stuff. From my experience his prices are competitve.

Here is a linky: MetalArt

Scott has some inventory, can custom make, or help with selecting stones.

Good Luck!

Does anyone know of a jeweler that will buy diamonds?