Denham Springs & Livingston Parish

Rardy

This is really starting to happen all across the country from Orlando to California. I see no end in sight with this recession as long as ga$$ continues to go up. Hopefully things will work out; main thing is retailers are not expanding for the time being.

Thankfully large projects like Perkins Rowe were started before all of this mess.

It's funy that they're saying "power centers" are the new thing, hwne they've been around all along. People must have forgotten about the Toy-R-Us center and Hammond Aire.

I'd really like to see something like this for Juban Crossing, instead of a completely outdoor center.

The Streets at Southpoint in Durham, NC

exam1ns2.jpg

exam2nh6.jpg

exam3ny6.jpg

exam4it2.jpg

It's funy that they're saying "power centers" are the new thing, hwne they've been around all along. People must have forgotten about the Toy-R-Us center and Hammond Aire.

I'd really like to see something like this for Juban Crossing, instead of a completely outdoor center.

exam1ns2.jpg

exam2nh6.jpg

exam3ny6.jpg

exam4it2.jpg

this would be awesome :lol: !! With the LA heat this would make a lot of since!

exam1ns2.jpg

exam2nh6.jpg

exam3ny6.jpg

exam4it2.jpg

to me there is no difference between that and a traditional mall.

I'd rather see mixed use developments with offices and residential spaces incorporated into the site and have it actually fit in the neighborhood. Perkins Rowe is a start.

to me there is no difference between that and a traditional mall.

I'd rather see mixed use developments with offices and residential spaces incorporated into the site and have it actually fit in the neighborhood. Perkins Rowe is a start.

It is a traditonal mall with a outdoor extension. That's what I'd rather see for Juban than the completely open center; of course, I'll take the completely open idea too. :) Maybe it's because I was born in the 90's and malls are all I know, but it's just something that makes an enclossed mall seem more prestigous I guess you could say, than an outdoor center. Don't get me wrong, I love Perkins Rowe, but like a skyline, I think malls contribute to the image of a big city.

It is a traditonal mall with a outdoor extension. That's what I'd rather see for Juban than the completely open center; of course, I'll take the completely open idea too. :) Maybe it's because I was born in the 90's and malls are all I know, but it's just something that makes an enclossed mall seem more prestigous I guess you could say, than an outdoor center. Don't get me wrong, I love Perkins Rowe, but like a skyline, I think malls contribute to the image of a big city.

Juban is already better than that project shown because it is going to be the center for office development and retail in Livingston parish...and it will incorporate medical and residential growth.

It's going to be downtown Livingston Parish if done correctly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

More stuff. :)

"Town Square Development is a 38,000 +/- SF retail center with a 5,000 SF outparcel being developed at the corner of Hwy. 16 and Hwy. 1025, one of the two main east/west thoroughfares North of Denham Springs (from Denham to Walker) and is one of the fastest growing areas of Livingston Parish and in the state. There are excellent demographics, including a high traffic count of at least 31,000 cars per day combined between Hwy. 16 and Hwy. 1025. Some of the area businesses within 1/4 mile are: Capital One Bank, BancorpSouth, future CVS, Video USA, Sonic, American Gateway, Taco Bell, Family Dollar and a new medical complex across Hwy. 16, just south of the development. There are also new subdivisions surrounding the area. Contact Mike Stinson for more information at 225-755-0603 or 225-907-7793"

xy_6086D7E2-75BE-440B-B933-1B41DD1FC474__.jpg

"Proposed retail center on Florida just east of Denham Springs across the road from the new Grays' Creek Subdivision."

xy_EE431C34-FA64-4293-BB76-DED967CE5849__.jpg

"This property is scheduled for redevelopment in the near future. Listing prices are subject to change due to the redevelopment of this project."

xy_D5717B7F-A91D-4B5A-BDFF-1A212932B781__.jpg

Edited by dan326

I forgot this.

The big red block say 119 room hotel.

"Total site is approximately 5.5 +/- acres, with approximately 4 acres available for sale @ $17/sf. Great hotel site and/or retail, medical office or restaurant. "

xy_A2A05FBC-9276-4190-AE81-F53D25B7E9EB__.jpg

Edited by dan326

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the poor lighting; needed to take this in the AM instead...

The massive new Bass Pro in Denham Springs at I-12 & Range Ave. Retail $sale$ have been said to be in the Top 2 or 3 nation-wide. Also a new Longhorn Steakhouse & Hooters have started construction....

7608026hm9.jpg

• 4 months later...

So which is it? Set to start or still waiting on the ditch permit??

Juban Crossing project in Livingston Parish set to begin in January

DENHAM SPRINGS, LA (WAFB) - Dirt may finally start moving at the start of the New Year on Juban Crossing.

Construction was supposed to be underway in the summer of 2007, but the Livingston Parish project has been on hold since earlier this year. The parish president's office says it is still waiting on a drainage ditch permit from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

When complete, Juban Crossing will have 1.2 million square feet of retail shopping and more than 1000 homes.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=9373304

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Lots of developbits...

• A Sam's Club is going up by Bass Pro
  • A Mexican and a sushi restaurant are going up in that shopping center by Bass Pro
  • A fitness center is going up by Bass Pro
  • A Walgreens is going up on the south end of Range Road
  • A governmental building is going up on South Frost Road
  • a new neighborhood called Creekstone Commons is going up in Satsuma
  • Juban Crossing, which is on hold obviously, is going to have some kind of progress/follow meeting this month

• 3 months later...

"Juban Lakes construction starting

Crews will soon begin construction on The Village at Juban Lakes, a $13 million apartment development in Denham Springs.

CST Land Developers said the first phase of 144 units will be completed by Sept. 30. An additional 100 units could be constructed in 2012 in the second phase of the development."

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business/84501552.html

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this was already posted. Ok, so maybe the BR area is in the same predicament, but am I the only one who is wondering why both Slidell and Convington both need huge new shopping centers, especially since Slidell already has a mall.

"2 Juban Crossing, Livingston Parish

At 471 acres, Juban Crossing was planned as the largest mixed-use community in the region. The Creekstone Companies development will be a destination for shopping, dining and entertainment in addition to its business and residential districts. The open-air retail phase was to break ground in the summer of 2007, with the first shops opening in 2008 and professional office space, entertainment venues, restaurants, hotels and residences following.

Original projected opening: 2008

Status: Clearing of property will begin at the end of the year; infrastructure work is set to begin in mid-2010

Six months ago, retailers scarcely would utter the words “new store.” Now, notes Creekstone’s Stephen Keller, “it’s like somebody switched on a light bulb. Several retailers are saying if they don’t open stores by back-to-school 2011 or the first quarter of 2012, they’re going to be in trouble.” The developer says he’s talking to “quite a few large retailers” whom he declined to name, and is in the process of negotiating letters of intent. The bond market has also been a trouble spot for Juban Crossing, but Keller is convinced that by the end of the first quarter of 2010, the market will “come back or be active enough for us to float our bonds.” The entire project is expected to still take seven to 10 years to complete, depending on the economy. “Retailers are very, very interested in the Juban site, because of the growth patterns out I-12,” Keller says. “Livingston Parish is one of the fastest-growing parishes in the state, and there’s no other major shopping facility or mall within a 15-mile radius.”"

http://www.1012corridor.com/news/2009/nov/01/tale-four-projects/

Edited by dan326

• 1 month later...

"Dallas developer plans Denham Springs apartments

Prime Income Asset Management, a Dallas-based real estate firm, is planning to build a 320-unit apartment complex on La. Highway 16 in Denham Springs. The company hopes to open the Parc at Denham complex sometime next year. Prime says it was motivated to build the complex by the success of its Sugar Mill Apartments in Addis. Sugar Mill opened in the summer of 2009; the 166-unit luxury development, just off La. Highway 1, is more than 90% occupied."

businessreport.com

• 5 months later...

I don't know how I feel about this... I like the idea of development, but I like Cortana too.

Grimmer says Juban Crossing groundbreaking will happen next month

A groundbreaking on the long-stalled Juban Crossing retail and residential development off Interstate 12 at Juban Road is now being planned for mid- to late November, says Livingston Parish President Mike Grimmer. “This is for sure; this one is on for sure,” says Grimmer, who first announced the project in December 2006 with an anticipated groundbreaking in the summer of 2007. In late 2008, Grimmer acknowledged the economic downturn had delayed the groundbreaking, but he still anticipated the development’s first stores would open in 2009. At roughly 1.6 million square feet of retail space, the development will feature at least five anchor retailers, four restaurants and some entertainment venues in addition to up to 1,000 residences, says Grimmer. He declined to name any of the prospective tenants. Creekstone Companies is developing Juban Crossing, and Grimmer says a number of the retailers will likely mirror those seen at the company’s Towne Center at Cedar Lodge development in Baton Rouge. Stephen Keller, Juban Crossing developer, says he anticipates announcing major retail tenants in the coming weeks. "We're excited at what's on the horizon," he says. About 22 commercial lots are featured on the development plan. Juban Crossing is expected to take three years to construct, at an estimated cost of $300 million to $350 million, the parish president says. "

Here's some renderings. They scaled it down to something more attainable.

juban2.png

juban3.png

juban1.png

Here's the brochure : BROCHURE

Edited by dan326