Denham Springs & Livingston Parish

Rardy

Yeah every single tree was stripped from the development...was that really necessary?? Looks like there should be ample parking unlike Tanger.  Wonder if  the residential component in the back(west side/far left) will come back into the fray?

I doubt it. Juban will turn out just like traditional large outlets. 

I doubt it. Juban will turn out just like traditional large outlets. 

This wasn't a traditional outlet. It was originally planned for homes to be adjacent to the retail parcels. That's why such a huge area was flattened.

It won't happen most likely. Look at Towne Center, those apartments were planned to be above the stores and within one development.

Go to google earth. I don't know the dimensions but the area has been cleared.

So here is the map from the threads first post overlayed on a snip I took of the site from Google Maps:

fky936.png

This is the same snip with out the map overlay, it does not look like they have all of the land cleared, but a good bit. Maybe they are going to do the housing in phases? 

ehkxno.png

Yeah that is/was the original site plan w the residential component in the back(left)....by just driving by on I-12 it's hard to gauge exactly how far Academy Sports is in reference to this site plan...but it appears to be way back there. Kind of like the shuttered Tinsletown theatre in the back of SiegenVillage MarketPlace.

Edited by richyb83

• 4 weeks later...

Plenty of new development set to take place adjacent to Bass Pro south of I-12....Including a couple of new hotels(a 5-story Marriott )...FINALLY on the south side of I-12....for some reason all of the new hotel growth that came w Bass Pro has been on the north side of I-12 along Rushing Rd. Also offices above retail in one development; more restaurants, Fitness Center; Bank, etc & 324-unit apt. complex near 4-H Club Rd....

As discussed previously the area had been poorly planned...maybe once this all comes together it could be better?

http://theadvocate.com/news/livingston/10551293-123/new-stores-apartments-hotels-on

Plenty of new development set to take place adjacent to Bass Pro south of I-12....Including a couple of new hotels(a 5-story Marriott )...FINALLY on the south side of I-12....for some reason all of the new hotel growth that came w Bass Pro has been on the north side of I-12 along Rushing Rd. Also offices above retail in one development; more restaurants, Fitness Center; Bank, etc & 324-unit apt. complex near 4-H Club Rd....

As discussed previously the area had been poorly planned...maybe once this all comes together it could be better?

http://theadvocate.com/news/livingston/10551293-123/new-stores-apartments-hotels-on

Nah, it will still look like something out of 1965.

Exactly, but on some levels I think I like how Houston's planning (or lack thereof) has resulted in some really unique and creative creations.

lol. Houston is nothing but concrete. There's liquor stores next to mom and pop businesses. There's nothing creative about it. No planning. They are just a huge Baton Rouge. If you're going to ridicule BR then you should really apply the same brush to Houston.

lol. Houston is nothing but concrete. There's liquor stores next to mom and pop businesses. There's nothing creative about it. No planning. They are just a huge Baton Rouge. If you're going to ridicule BR then you should really apply the same brush to Houston.

I have never praised Houston, far from it. I just mentioned that I like how their lack of planning has resulted in a few creative things no matter how bland they may seem. I also only talk about problems BR faces, I do not "ridicule" it. 

Well, yeah I guess I should have been called out on that one, lol. I was really thinking of Dallas, which seems to be better planned. But I feel like Texas architecture isn't as bland to the casual observer such as myself.

Well Dallas has zoning and is a bit better with it's urban environment than Houston but I wouldn't call Texas architecture (as far as Houston and Dallas go) as anything other than bland. Even though there are great examples in both cities, overall they are very bland. Especially compared to being 60mi east of BR.

Liquor stores are mom and pop businesses. But the no zoning does provide Houston with some weird and different situations.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Stroubes, Walk-On’s and six retailers to join Juban Crossing mix

The mix of restaurants and retailers at Juban Crossing is set to expand even further later this year, with Stroubes and Walk-On’s restaurants set to enter the Livingston Parish market, as well as six new retailers.

Both restaurants are set to break ground in the coming months, Juban Crossing announced this morning. The Stroubes Restaurant Group, which owns and operates the upscale Stroubes Seafood and Steak on Third Street in downtown Baton Rouge, is aiming to open a new concept called Stroubes Grille this summer. The restaurant will measure about 8,000 square feet and will feature a number of menu items with which diners in Baton Rouge are familiar

#rest of article

http://www.businessreport.com/article/stroubes-walk-ons-six-retailers-join-juban-crossing-mix

*rendering

http://d46w5x9vt7qfg.cloudfront.net/businessreport/2015/01/Stroubes-Grille-Juban-Crossing.jpg