Denham Springs & Livingston Parish

Rardy

• 4 months later...
Four-story retail, office and movie studio building planned for Denham Springs
Livingston Parish is getting its first “high-rise.”

The city of Denham Springs has announced that construction is set to begin this fall on Carlisle Place, a four-story retail and high-end office building at the northwest corner of Bass Pro Boulevard and South Range Avenue. The 44,000-square-foot structure will house an international movie production studio on the top floor.

In making the announcement, city officials note it will be the tallest building in Denham Springs and Livingston Parish to date.

Remson {sodEmoji.|} Haley {sodEmoji.|} Herpin Architects is designing the project, which is expected to be completed in the spring of 2016. It will be part of Riverside Landing, which is being developed by Jacob Fa-Kouri near Bass Pro Outdoor Shops.

The developer is Carlisle Place Development LLC, operated by Bhagirath Joshi and Alaknanda B. Joshi of Denham Springs. The two operate a number of LLCs together and independently, including Shiv Hospitality, Om Hospitality and Carom Hotels Enterprises. Bhagirath Joshi also is listed as the registered agent for Mahee Productions and Mahee Film Fund I, which is domiciled in Delaware. A website for Mahee Productions notes the independent film production company has a subsidiary in Vadodara, India, and specializes in documentary and narrative feature films. In 2012, according to IMDb, it produced Veer Hamirji – Somnath ni Sakhate.

https://www.businessreport.com/article/baton-rouge-police-body-cameras-discussion-revived-week

image1.jpg

I know everyone has to start somewhere, but the highrise part made me literally lol! :lol:

Edited by dan326
  • Like 1

:rolleyes: ...high-rise....maybe if they stretch it a lil' more it could be a mid-rise; that glass (atrium?) looks like a 5th floor with the small segment on the top....it's a nice looking building...Denham Springs is moving on up...the Bass Pro area is becoming the  "New Downtown"....

Wondering what the plan is with the proposed 12-story hotel mentioned several months back?  Many say it won't happen...that DS/Livingston is not ready for a building that tall....if not....maybe 7 or 8 stories could be a possibility?? Stay tuned~!

• Like 1

:rolleyes: ...high-rise....maybe if they stretch it a lil' more it could be a mid-rise; that glass (atrium?) looks like a 5th floor with the small segment on the top....it's a nice looking building...Denham Springs is moving on up...the Bass Pro area is becoming the  "New Downtown"....

Wondering what the plan is with the proposed 12-story hotel mentioned several months back?  Many say it won't happen...that DS/Livingston is not ready for a building that tall....if not....maybe 7 or 8 stories could be a possibility?? Stay tuned~!

You bring up some really good points. With this new addition, not only does Denham Springs grow even closer to BR in economic terms, but it really helps establish Denham Springs "New Downtown". I think that this area, with Juban Crossing, is sort of turning into a smaller, central version of South Baton Rouge. Maybe we should refer to this area as Central Baton Rouge?

I chuckled too when they said high-rise for a 4 floor building. Will it be Livingston Parish's tallest building?

I would think the economics of Ascension would qualify them for a 12 story before Livingston, but then again Livingston is more "established".

Livingston gets a lot more pass through traffic. Ascension Parish has no interest in a 12 story building (IMO). 

• Like 1

^

^

I'm not sure about that, wouldn't you have to go through 2 or 3 other layers past downtown to get here? It think even if you compared this to Memphis or St. Louis, this would be on the outskirts.

^Yeah, I think the only runners up are the Bass Pro building and those hotels.

That's a very good point I didn't even think of.

It's probably the Tallest office building...there are a couple of 4-story hotels(Hampton Inn & Comfort Suites) just north of I-12 on Rushing Road. The tallest structure is still the water tower... LOL.

Still I give Denham Springs credit for this proposed 4-story office building...it's doubtful that Offices at Towne Square(next to Towne Center on Jefferson Hwy) in BR will even be that tall....and the open space on Corporate Blvd is still vacant...two (twin) 6-story offices btwn Commerce Circle were never built. So props to Carlisle Place happening in Denham Springs :thumbsup:

Will it be Livingston Parish's tallest building?

• 3 months later...

Livingston Parish president says more funding needed to address population growth, traffic issues                                 

As Baton Rouge and the Mississippi River Bridge have become flashpoints in this year’s elections over where and how transportation money allocated to the state should be spent, Livingston Parish President Layton Ricks hopes some of those funds find their way to his parish.

“We can’t wait, we need help now,” Ricks said Thursday in between sessions at the 2015 Real Estate and Economic Forecast in Satsuma.

For the parish to manage its steady growth, Ricks said it needs more money to invest in infrastructure—particularly the Interstate 12 corridor that runs through the center of the parish—and interior roads to connect all the major highways criss-crossing Livingston Parish. Ricks said he and other parish officials have discussed building additional I-12 entrance and exit ramps from the Amite River through Walker with state Department of Transportation and Development engineers and its head, Sherri LeBas, as more businesses relocate to the parish.

Part of those plans could include adding frontage roads that run parallel to I-12, which is something Ricks wants as a way to alleviate traffic congestion on the interstate after a crash.

DOTD engineers have drawn up several plans for the project, at least one of which comes with a $160 million price tag. For the project to qualify for federal grant funding, state officials have to show how the project will impact the parish for the next 20 years. Some of the initial plans did not meet that requirement, so Ricks said they are back to the drawing board.

Ricks is also looking for money to improve other roads inside the parish—roads that could see double the amount of traffic as they do today if population growth in the parish meets forecasts. Experts have estimated the parish population could grow to as many as 245,000 residents by 2030, up from the current 135,623. There are currently 3,600 businesses in the parish, employing 27,000 people. As the population increases, so will business opportunities in Livingston.

“I don’t know where they are going to go, how they’re going to get here, but we’re going to welcome them,” Ricks said.

One planned project that Ricks said is vital to the parish’s growth is the Cook Road Extension, which would extend the road from Pete’s Highway to South Range Avenue. The parish is also moving forward on the proposed Juban Road extension.

“We’ve got to find a way to move this traffic,” Ricks said.

There has also been a collaborative effort with state officials and engineers to repair several dilapidated bridges, including the Black Lake Bridge and Wax Road Bridge, but more improvements are needed to keep up with the growing population.

Ricks sits on a subcommittee of the Capital Region Planning Commission, the region’s metropolitan planning organization. Ricks said that when the subject of federal dollars comes up at the CRPC meetings, such as the money the state could receive from the massive federal transportation bill in Congress, many voices are trying to be heard.

“Since they can’t earmark (the money anymore), we’re all reaching for that pot,” Ricks said                 https://www.businessreport.com/article/livingston-parish-president-says-funding-needed-address-population-growth-traffic-issues

What they need to do is what they do here. When a subdivision does up, that subdivision builds the road that fronts the property. They put up the initial 2 or 3 lanes. When one goes up on the other side of the street they have to put in the other half of the divided road. That cost gets baked into the price of houses.

• Like 1

What they need to do is what they do here. When a subdivision does up, that subdivision builds the road that fronts the property. They put up the initial 2 or 3 lanes. When one goes up on the other side of the street they have to put in the other half of the divided road. That cost gets baked into the price of houses.

If Livingston Parish population is suppose  to double in 15 years they better start finding ways to fix their roads. Most people that live in that parish complain about roads, but don't won't to raise taxes to fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Some skeptical in Walker over state proposal to build nine roundabouts in 2.5 mile stretch    Roundabout design causing skepticism   

Walker’s main highway is slated for significant improvements in the coming months, although some city officials remain skeptical of the design.

The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development has proposed a series of nine roundabouts along a 2.5-mile stretch of La. 447, known locally as Walker Road, between Burgess Avenue and Buddy Ellis Road.

Construction of two of those roundabouts at the Interstate 12 ramps was let for bid earlier this month, and DOTD is working to finalize the $6.7 million contract with Kort’s Construction Services, of Covington, spokeswoman Bambi Hall said.

The rest of the roundabouts will be phased in as funding becomes available following the completion of an environmental assessment for the highway and its I-12 overpass, Hall said.

Walker will be the first city in the Baton Rouge area to have interchange roundabouts, according to DOTD records. Construction of a similar design is underway at I-12 and U.S. 51 Business in Hammond. Others are planned for I-12 at Juban Road and I-10 at La. 30.

Modern roundabouts move traffic through a circular route without traffic lights, allowing a continuous flow of vehicles. They are said to be safer than typical intersections.

Walker Mayor Rick Ramsey, who has been skeptical of the state’s plans for his city’s commercial corridor, said the roundabouts should not be built until the highway’s two-lane overpass is widened. But funding for the overpass — a project expected to cost $10 million to $15 million — is still a few years away, he said.

Traffic routinely backs up there in the afternoons from the time South Walker Elementary School, on nearby Milton Road, dismisses until the 5 p.m. traffic subsides.

DOTD traffic models presented at a public meeting in December 2013 indicated the roundabouts would improve traffic flow on and off of the interstate ramps, but some city officials remain unconvinced.

City Councilman Tracy Girlinghouse said DOTD “can move all the traffic in the world, but if it still bottlenecks at the overpass, it’s not going to make any significant difference. Like sand through an hourglass, it’s only going to flow through at a certain rate, and that’s the problem.”

Girlinghouse also remains skeptical of the state’s plans to add another seven roundabouts along the highway.

Early designs, which are still under review, call for roundabouts at La. 447’s intersections with Burgess Avenue, Florida Boulevard, Fern Street/Aydell Lane, Stine home improvement store, Wal-Mart/Winn-Dixie, O’Donovan Boulevard at Our Lady of the Lake and Buddy Ellis Road, plus the two at the I-12 ramps.

That would put six roundabouts, averaging a quarter-mile between them, in the commercial corridor north of the interstate.

“If they wind up doing them all, it’s going to be like Groundhog Day,” Girlinghouse said, referring to the 1993 comedy in which Bill Murray’s character is caught in a time loop, repeating the same day again and again.

Ramsey said the result would be disastrous for businesses located along the highway.

“We’ve made our position very clear: multiple roundabouts through the business district would be devastating to Walker,” Ramsey said.

The mayor said he could envision roundabouts being helpful in a more limited number — perhaps a combined one for Florida Boulevard and Burgess Avenue, another at Our Lady of the Lake and a final one at Buddy Ellis, he said.

“It’s not that I’m against roundabouts. It’s just that they’re proposing too many of them,” Ramsey said.

Councilman Jonathan Davis said the state’s plan to phase in the roundabouts will let everyone see how they work without committing to them all at once.

“If it negatively affects traffic, the state may decide it’s not a great idea,” Davis said. “But if it continuously works better and better, maybe roundabouts will be the answer we’ve been looking for.”

Davis said the roundabouts should make it easier for drivers headed to any of the stores or eateries along the highway because they will no longer have to wait in the center lane for a chance to turn left.

“I think that’s why the state wanted to incorporate them,” he said. “They’ve been tested in a few other places, and they’ve been pretty successful.”

Business owners who attended the December 2013 public meeting were more dubious about the plans. The number of roundabouts, coupled with a concrete barrier in the median and only a few restricted U-turn crossings, drew a lot of concern about customer counts and the potential impact on sales.

April Wehrs, executive director of the Livingston Parish Chamber of Commerce, said business leaders have met with several officials, including the mayor and state Sen. Dale Erdey, to voice their concerns. Whether their comments will lead to changes in DOTD’s plans remains to be seen.

The chamber has not taken an official stance on the interchange roundabouts, Wehrs said, “but obviously we support whatever will ease congestion, contribute to safety and allow for commerce. The bottom line is the money is there for that piece of the puzzle, and I think everybody has conceded that’s why they’re starting there.”  http://theadvocate.com/news/13507447-63/some-skeptical-in-walker-over           jpeg

I chuckled too when they said high-rise for a 4 floor building. Will it be Livingston Parish's tallest building?

Livingston gets a lot more pass through traffic. Ascension Parish has no interest in a 12 story building (IMO). 

A 12 story building requires pretty expensive fire fighting infrastructure.  It's unlikely that AP has that setup outside of the industrial sections along the river.   

I worked with a municipality outside of a "major city in Tennessee" that refused to zone for anything over 40' without a series of expert opinions that their fire/rescue infrastructure could handle a worse case scenario at a building that size.  Once they were satisfied, they still only allowed buildings up to 70'....and only in one area.  

Some skeptical in Walker over state proposal to build nine roundabouts in 2.5 mile stretch    Roundabout design causing skepticism   

Walker’s main highway is slated for significant improvements in the coming months, although some city officials remain skeptical of the design.

The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development has proposed a series of nine roundabouts along a 2.5-mile stretch of La. 447, known locally as Walker Road, between Burgess Avenue and Buddy Ellis Road.

Construction of two of those roundabouts at the Interstate 12 ramps was let for bid earlier this month, and DOTD is working to finalize the $6.7 million contract with Kort’s Construction Services, of Covington, spokeswoman Bambi Hall said.

The rest of the roundabouts will be phased in as funding becomes available following the completion of an environmental assessment for the highway and its I-12 overpass, Hall said.

Walker will be the first city in the Baton Rouge area to have interchange roundabouts, according to DOTD records. Construction of a similar design is underway at I-12 and U.S. 51 Business in Hammond. Others are planned for I-12 at Juban Road and I-10 at La. 30.

Modern roundabouts move traffic through a circular route without traffic lights, allowing a continuous flow of vehicles. They are said to be safer than typical intersections.

Walker Mayor Rick Ramsey, who has been skeptical of the state’s plans for his city’s commercial corridor, said the roundabouts should not be built until the highway’s two-lane overpass is widened. But funding for the overpass — a project expected to cost $10 million to $15 million — is still a few years away, he said.

Traffic routinely backs up there in the afternoons from the time South Walker Elementary School, on nearby Milton Road, dismisses until the 5 p.m. traffic subsides.

DOTD traffic models presented at a public meeting in December 2013 indicated the roundabouts would improve traffic flow on and off of the interstate ramps, but some city officials remain unconvinced.

City Councilman Tracy Girlinghouse said DOTD “can move all the traffic in the world, but if it still bottlenecks at the overpass, it’s not going to make any significant difference. Like sand through an hourglass, it’s only going to flow through at a certain rate, and that’s the problem.”

Girlinghouse also remains skeptical of the state’s plans to add another seven roundabouts along the highway.

Early designs, which are still under review, call for roundabouts at La. 447’s intersections with Burgess Avenue, Florida Boulevard, Fern Street/Aydell Lane, Stine home improvement store, Wal-Mart/Winn-Dixie, O’Donovan Boulevard at Our Lady of the Lake and Buddy Ellis Road, plus the two at the I-12 ramps.

That would put six roundabouts, averaging a quarter-mile between them, in the commercial corridor north of the interstate.

“If they wind up doing them all, it’s going to be like Groundhog Day,” Girlinghouse said, referring to the 1993 comedy in which Bill Murray’s character is caught in a time loop, repeating the same day again and again.

Ramsey said the result would be disastrous for businesses located along the highway.

“We’ve made our position very clear: multiple roundabouts through the business district would be devastating to Walker,” Ramsey said.

The mayor said he could envision roundabouts being helpful in a more limited number — perhaps a combined one for Florida Boulevard and Burgess Avenue, another at Our Lady of the Lake and a final one at Buddy Ellis, he said.

“It’s not that I’m against roundabouts. It’s just that they’re proposing too many of them,” Ramsey said.

Councilman Jonathan Davis said the state’s plan to phase in the roundabouts will let everyone see how they work without committing to them all at once.

“If it negatively affects traffic, the state may decide it’s not a great idea,” Davis said. “But if it continuously works better and better, maybe roundabouts will be the answer we’ve been looking for.”

Davis said the roundabouts should make it easier for drivers headed to any of the stores or eateries along the highway because they will no longer have to wait in the center lane for a chance to turn left.

“I think that’s why the state wanted to incorporate them,” he said. “They’ve been tested in a few other places, and they’ve been pretty successful.”

Business owners who attended the December 2013 public meeting were more dubious about the plans. The number of roundabouts, coupled with a concrete barrier in the median and only a few restricted U-turn crossings, drew a lot of concern about customer counts and the potential impact on sales.

April Wehrs, executive director of the Livingston Parish Chamber of Commerce, said business leaders have met with several officials, including the mayor and state Sen. Dale Erdey, to voice their concerns. Whether their comments will lead to changes in DOTD’s plans remains to be seen.

The chamber has not taken an official stance on the interchange roundabouts, Wehrs said, “but obviously we support whatever will ease congestion, contribute to safety and allow for commerce. The bottom line is the money is there for that piece of the puzzle, and I think everybody has conceded that’s why they’re starting there.”  http://theadvocate.com/news/13507447-63/some-skeptical-in-walker-over           jpeg

Many Livingston drivers can't handle ramp meters.....roundabouts may as well be the moon to them.  Anyone else kind of surprised to see so many proposed on a route that carries a pretty significant amount of traffic?   Livingston is turning into a large suburb with a lot of educated people, but it's still very rural in character.   Hope they are open to this, because I've seen roundabouts demolish traffic problems very quickly.    

There's definitely a learning curve that the locals will have to deal with.  There will be a lot of gripes the first few months these are open.

Edited by cajun
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Livingston Parish Council to consider opposing a Baton Rouge area loop proposal, as it did in 2011 and 2012 

With the first phase of the Baton Rouge Loop’s environmental study complete and another public comment deadline approaching, the Livingston Parish Council will consider on Thursday voicing opposition — again — to the proposed project.

The Parish Council has twice opposed the 90- to 105-mile, $4.5 billion toll-funded beltway that would pass through five metropolitan Baton Rouge parishes. Those resolutions, in November 2011 and January 2012, bookended a parish election cycle to provide comments for an earlier draft of the environmental study.

A Watson-area grass-roots organization, Neighbors In Action, asked the council to consider another vote of nonsupport Thursday, after the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development released the final version of the study in late December.

The public comment period closes Feb. 22.

“There is no question in Livingston Parish that we need improved roadways, but this is bad government in the worst sense,” Gene Baker, of the citizens’ group, said of the proposed Loop.

The group’s concerns include the preferred corridor for the project’s northern section. The northern corridor arcs from Interstate 12 east of Walker to a new Amite River crossing north of Magnolia Bridge Road, then dips below Central and winds its way to the U.S. 190 bridge before connecting with I-10 west of Port Allen.

That route would narrowly miss the Livingston Parish Industrial Park at Walker, cross several neighborhoods, including Acadiana Place off La. 16 north of Denham Springs, and approach the Amite River just north of Amite Church Road and its namesake Baptist church.

But the route is only one of many concerns, Baker said.

The group also disagrees with the public-private partnership that would fund the project, the use of now-years-old traffic and construction cost data to demonstrate feasibility and the Capital Area Expressway Authority’s continued push on the proposal despite three of its five parish presidents resigning from the board, he said.

According to the study, the three unrepresented parishes — Ascension, Livingston and Iberville — would be brought back on board before construction of any portion of the tollway begins.

“To me, it’s a boondoggle that’s putting more good money down a project with no feasibility,” Baker said. “I’m all for a profit for private money, but not at the loss of the public side and the taxpayer. The taxpayers are going to be the loser in this, and it doesn’t even come close to meeting our traffic needs.”

Baker said the $1.8 billion proposed for the Livingston Parish portion alone would be better spent improving existing roads and bridges to alleviate local traffic snarls that contribute to the interstate delays.

Councilman Garry Talbert, who placed the item on Thursday’s agenda at Baker’s request, agreed.

“Something like 70 percent of the traffic is local,” Talbert said. “If we improve the surface streets, and if Hooper was four lanes into Watson and that tied into La. 63 and went to Ascension, then in essence we would create a loop without spending tons of money and bringing in private investors whose profit we’d have to guarantee.”

Baker said Neighbors In Action is working to secure statements of opposition to the Loop from multiple Livingston Parish boards and officials, although he said there may not be enough time to gather as many as the 3,500 signatures collected in 2012.

“It’s kind of offensive to me that we went to the extreme effort we did before to get well-founded comments and they didn’t even consider them, and now they’re saying the law requires them to get more comments,” Baker said. “We don’t have very much time, but we’ve got a good start on it.”       http://theadvocate.com/news/14688105-31/livingston-parish-council-to-consider-opposing-a-baton-rouge-area-loop-proposal-as-it-did-in-2011-an

On 1/27/2016 at 8:22 PM, greg225 said:

Livingston Parish Council to consider opposing a Baton Rouge area loop proposal, as it did in 2011 and 2012 

With the first phase of the Baton Rouge Loop’s environmental study complete and another public comment deadline approaching, the Livingston Parish Council will consider on Thursday voicing opposition — again — to the proposed project.

The Parish Council has twice opposed the 90- to 105-mile, $4.5 billion toll-funded beltway that would pass through five metropolitan Baton Rouge parishes. Those resolutions, in November 2011 and January 2012, bookended a parish election cycle to provide comments for an earlier draft of the environmental study.

A Watson-area grass-roots organization, Neighbors In Action, asked the council to consider another vote of nonsupport Thursday, after the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development released the final version of the study in late December.

The public comment period closes Feb. 22.

“There is no question in Livingston Parish that we need improved roadways, but this is bad government in the worst sense,” Gene Baker, of the citizens’ group, said of the proposed Loop.

The group’s concerns include the preferred corridor for the project’s northern section. The northern corridor arcs from Interstate 12 east of Walker to a new Amite River crossing north of Magnolia Bridge Road, then dips below Central and winds its way to the U.S. 190 bridge before connecting with I-10 west of Port Allen.

That route would narrowly miss the Livingston Parish Industrial Park at Walker, cross several neighborhoods, including Acadiana Place off La. 16 north of Denham Springs, and approach the Amite River just north of Amite Church Road and its namesake Baptist church.

But the route is only one of many concerns, Baker said.

The group also disagrees with the public-private partnership that would fund the project, the use of now-years-old traffic and construction cost data to demonstrate feasibility and the Capital Area Expressway Authority’s continued push on the proposal despite three of its five parish presidents resigning from the board, he said.

According to the study, the three unrepresented parishes — Ascension, Livingston and Iberville — would be brought back on board before construction of any portion of the tollway begins.

“To me, it’s a boondoggle that’s putting more good money down a project with no feasibility,” Baker said. “I’m all for a profit for private money, but not at the loss of the public side and the taxpayer. The taxpayers are going to be the loser in this, and it doesn’t even come close to meeting our traffic needs.”

Baker said the $1.8 billion proposed for the Livingston Parish portion alone would be better spent improving existing roads and bridges to alleviate local traffic snarls that contribute to the interstate delays.

Councilman Garry Talbert, who placed the item on Thursday’s agenda at Baker’s request, agreed.

“Something like 70 percent of the traffic is local,” Talbert said. “If we improve the surface streets, and if Hooper was four lanes into Watson and that tied into La. 63 and went to Ascension, then in essence we would create a loop without spending tons of money and bringing in private investors whose profit we’d have to guarantee.”

Baker said Neighbors In Action is working to secure statements of opposition to the Loop from multiple Livingston Parish boards and officials, although he said there may not be enough time to gather as many as the 3,500 signatures collected in 2012.

“It’s kind of offensive to me that we went to the extreme effort we did before to get well-founded comments and they didn’t even consider them, and now they’re saying the law requires them to get more comments,” Baker said. “We don’t have very much time, but we’ve got a good start on it.”       http://theadvocate.com/news/14688105-31/livingston-parish-council-to-consider-opposing-a-baton-rouge-area-loop-proposal-as-it-did-in-2011-an

pardon my language, but screw Livingston and their inability to recognize or accept necessary progress.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This LIGO place is some far out stuff! pretty cool in the middle of Livingston Parish

LIGO facility in Livingston confirms gravitational waves detected 100 years after Einstein predicted them

A major scientific discovery was unveiled this morning at the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory in Livingston Parish that is expected to have profound implications on how we understand the universe.

Scientists at the LIGO facility say that ripples in the fabric of spacetime, called gravitational waves, have been observed for the first time in history. The discovery confirms a major prediction in Albert Einstein’s 1915 general theory of relativity.

The gravitational waves were detected on Sept. 14, 2015, at 4:51 a.m. by both of the LIGO detectors, one of which is in Livingston and the other in Hanford, Washington.

*rest of article*

https://www.businessreport.com/article/ligo-facility-livingston-confirms-gravitational-waves-detected-100-years-einstein-predicted

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cook: Tract near Bass Pro Shops sold for new upscale restaurant and retail shopping center

The developer of Bass Pro Shops in Denham Springs has sold a 1.404-acre retail site across from the outdoor megastore to a local investor group planning to build a new retail shopping center there called The Shoppes at Bass Pro. The property is located directly across from the Bass Pro Shops between the shop’s retail parking lot and the Hooters.

The site’s new owners plan to construct an upscale restaurant and retail building measuring 13,445 square feet, which will include two outdoor patios. Committed tenants for the new center include Sarita’s Mexican Grill & Cantina and a new high end Japanese sushi and hibachi restaurant.

Lund and Xiao have other retail developments planned for Walker and Watson in the near future.

from the businessreport.com

Edited by dan326

17 hours ago, Antrell Williams said:

Am I the only person who thinks Bass Pro should connect to O'Neal Ln somehow?

I always thought 1034 should connect to the back of Oschner on its own river crossing or maybe even overpass I-12 and meet O'Neal around Commercial Dr.

South Harrell's Ferry and Hooper also need to be connected to points east of the river. 

Edited by cajun

5 hours ago, cajun said:

I always thought 1034 should connect to the back of Oschner on its own river crossing or maybe even overpass I-12 and meet O'Neal around Commercial Dr.

South Harrell's Ferry and Hooper also need to be connected to points east of the river. 

Connecting to Oschner would be ideal. I'm sure they would love it. I'd also like to see Hwy 44 extended to meet Juban Rd at Hwy 16.

The entire metro area needs to be better connected via surface roads and highways.