Denham Springs & Livingston Parish

Rardy

?? Tell me more...

Well there is the newly constructed Taco Bell on Sherwood Forest, were the Denny's used to be. As Richy had said, very new wave, not like a Taco Bell I've seen before.

The new Chick-fil-A is in the new Millerville shopping center. It's not completely different from the usual, but it is jazzed up a little ,with stone and everything.

Edited by dan326

Anybody know of the future of the Pete's Hwy interchange? I grew up in the church close to the overpass and the city said they may have to take it. They may just follow plans like Juban.

I read in The Advocate recently that the funding was in place...I think I read that. I think they took funds from some other project to fund Pete's Hwy.

I remember that church! On the left, going north, after the interstate?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if any of ya'll read it, but WAFB is reporting that Macy's may be coming to Juban Crossing. I think that would be a good fit b/c IMO Macy's is a good upper moderate store. The one we have here at the Mall of Acadiana is really nice, and probably my favorite dept store we have at the mall.

I have questions for you livingston parish posters....( I am from Gonzales).

Which exit is the Bass Pro going into?

Is it even definate yet? If so, does anyone have a link to a site plan or what other retailers are going into the Bass Pro development?

Before too long, Juban Road and Range avenue will so much like Sherwood Forest, O'Neal, and Millerville that people passing through won't be able to tell the difference between BR and Livingston. I am sure that a medical complex and office space is not too far away for Livingston. So odd that we get the Tanger outlet mall and Livingston gets nothing for so long.

I always thought BR would connect with the New Orleans metro area through Prarieville, LaPlace, and Gonzales. It looks like that is going to happen in Covington, Hammond, and Denham first. Geographically and politically, that makes much more since. It may be time secure funding to widen I-12 to six lanes between Baton Rouge and Hammond. It took 10 years to secure the funding for the Picardy overpass. I cringe when I think of I-12/Florida BLVD traffic in Livingston in 10 years if neither has been widened. Juban road didn't even have a ramp last year...and next year it will like Bluebonnet in BR. Something needs to happen to I-12 yesterday.

Can you imagine the construction companies in BR if the state actually decided to widen the Mississippi River Bridge in BR, I10 from the split to Highland Road, and I-12 all the way to Hammond? I have never seen such massive private development in Louisiana before, it's time for the state to put up it's share in the form of infrastructure (wider roads, flood control, and railways).

Bass Pro

Juban Crossing Mall

Perkins Rowe in BR

Lexington Estates in BR

Willow Grove in BR

That huge mall/movie studio on O'neal behind the hospitol.

all the new Hotels in the area.

Northshore and New Orleans rebuilding

Louisiana was already industrial construction capitol of the world....now all of this? Livingston is contributing so much to all of this.

Edited by brresident

Bass Pro is a "GO". It is at the Range Avenue exit.

Yes it's simply incredible IMO all the growth that is going on. All the large scale projects and smaller one's too.

Alot of infil projects(New Urbanism) in BRas well including:

*200-acre Smiley Heights TND (Lobdell Ave./Ardenwood) north of Melrose East a.k.a. "Mall City"

*160 acre-Ford Pasture TND Village w/ Southdowns branch library

*The Settlement at Willow Grove TND

*Celtic Media Centre (near I-12/ Airline)

Ooops.....this is a Livingston sprawl thread, my bad. I-12 will be done in phases; 1st to Range Ave. in DS; then eventually to Walker. $$ is always the issue..roads are finally being widened/or extended; but it's ridiculous how far behind they let all of this get.

I-10 is a joke..it should have been widened long ago from the 10/12 split to Seigen.The Essen, Bluebonnet, Seigen corridors exploded with growth!! And I-10 stayed the same little 4-lane "country Rouge" hwy. Now I-10 should be widened to Tanger Outlet Mall or even Hwy 22 headed toward the Sunshine Bridge.

Edited by richyb83

• 2 weeks later...

Theatre Company Considering a 20 Screen Movie House for Livingston Parish

Advocate Article Here

This place will be VERY if it happens. It will draw many EBR Folks out of the parish to check this place out. Click this link to read article about the one being built near Oklahoma City.

Here's a pic from one of the theatres in Wichita, KS.

wsu_ms99-3.2.theaters.2.jpg

Wow, that's an impressive-looking theater!

Does the Baton Rouge area have any theaters that size? Our largest is 17 screens. 20 screens is quite impressive, since in the Dallas area most theaters seem to be either 20 or 30 screens.

We have two Rave Theatres. One with 15 screens and the other with 16 screens. We also have two UA Theatres one with 11 screens the other has 10 and a Tinstletown with 11 screens. None of them will be as nice as this Movie House that may land in DS.

Also they are building a prototype Bass Pro Shop, nothing else like it. :D

The Bass Pro Shop set for Denham Springs will be a prototype for a new store design, says Mayor Jimmy Durbin. "Anywhere you go in the United States, you will not see this Bass Pro," said Durbin, during a meeting today of the Livingston Economic Development Council. "It's phenomenal." Bass Pro will invest $20 million to $25 million of its own money into the store, bringing the entire cost of the project to between $40 million to $50 million, Durbin said. Bass Pro hopes to begin construction of the store this spring, in time for a November opening.
Edited by dan326

We have two Rave Theatres. One with 15 screens and the other with 16 screens. We also have two UA Theatres one with 11 screens the other has 10 and a Tinstletown with 11 screens. None of them will be as nice as this Movie House that may land in DS.

Weird to think your area's largest theater will be in suburban Denham Springs. But it's still cool - that thing looks awesome!

Also they are building a prototype Bass Pro Shop, nothing else like it. :D

I love visiting Bass Pro stores in other areas, so I WILL make a trip down there to visit the Baton Rouge-area store when it opens.

Weird to think your area's largest theater will be in suburban Denham Springs. But it's still cool - that thing looks awesome!

Well...the Livingston retail market has been underserved for decades. There's currently 130,000 people who don't have a theater at all. I guess it'll have to be big to make up for the lack of competition.

Isn't there a theather going up in the Range/Lockhart area? Is it open yet?

Well...the Livingston retail market has been underserved for decades. There's currently 130,000 people who don't have a theater at all. I guess it'll have to be big to make up for the lack of competition.

That makes sense. For years after the AMC 6 in Pierre Bossier Mall closed, Bossier City only had a 9-screen theater. Now with the addition of the second Regal to Bossier, they have a total of 21 screens in that city. It's a similar situation as you'd pointed out before that Livingston and Bossier Parishes are very similar in population.

By comparison, since Shreveport's other theaters closed quite a few years back, until another theater is built in Shreveport that city only has one theater with 17 screens.

I really enjoyed my visit to the Bass Pro in Bossier City a few weeks back. Cannot wait to visit the one in BR, and to think we will have a Cabela's too. Only a few cities have both , and all have larger populations. This is great for BR.

I like the excitement that the Louisiana Boardwalk has added to the Riverfront up in SBC.

I really enjoyed my visit to the Bass Pro in Bossier City a few weeks back. Cannot wait to visit the one in BR, and to think we will have a Cabela's too. Only a few cities have both , and all have larger populations. This is great for BR.

I like the excitement that the Louisiana Boardwalk has added to the Riverfront up in SBC.

Oh cool, I'm glad you got to check it out. I'm assuming that meant you enjoyed the whole Boardwalk experience? It's certainly a fun environment. And now they even have their own Mardi Gras parade, so I'll not only get to go to the normal Mardi Gras parades this year, but the one at the Boardwalk as well. :D

I'm going to be making a trip down to Denham Springs when the Bass Pro opens. I love visiting the different Bass Pro stores, and I can't wait to see the one they're building there! And yeah, Cabela's will only add to things down there. Congrats to BR for luring both - those are two huge names.

• 3 weeks later...

Livingston Parish Considers Widening I-12 to Walker

The extra lanes for the bridge over the Amite River will be really $$expensive!!!

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=6106005

This is badly needed for many reasons; all the new development with Bass Pro, Juban Crossing, and possible Warren Theatres; and the dreaded bottleneck in BR all the way past Airline Hwy. and Drusilla Lane.

Livingston Parish Considers Widening I-12 to Walker

The extra lanes for the bridge over the Amite River will be really $$expensive!!!

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=6106005

This is badly needed for many reasons; all the new development with Bass Pro, Juban Crossing, and possible Warren Theatres; and the dreaded bottleneck in BR all the way past Airline Hwy. and Drusilla Lane.

When they completed the I-12 3 lane project to O'neal, they should have then started working from O'Neal to Walker.

Also, why has I-10 not been widened from the split out to Tanger?