The Times wants city money for Pete Harris cafe

dingo

I saw that. Last year the city had mentioned possibly building a parking deck on that site, as well as the site of the current Sci-Port parking lot.

Maybe they're going to come through with these plans sooner than we think?

Who knows. But I'm very interested in seeing what's being built there.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A parking garage. Downtown parking is extremely bad during the weekdays, and then on weekend nights as well. Despite the failure of the Red River District, the riverfront area is extremely busy most Friday and Saturday nights. With the current lack of decent parking options, parking garages in that area would at least double the amount of available spaces.

Additionally, surface parking lots take away from the urban fabric of a city's core; but parking garages - while still not as nice as office buildings - at least keep a structure on the site and help to fill in the gaps.

parking garage....ok.

Its too bad nobody has hit that street behind that area (the one with the parking lot with the laughable row of parking meters?)and tried to put in some condos or apartments there. Within walking distances to some clubs and restaurants and also next to the riverfront. Oh well

I'm sorry I missed this thread, guys. But like metro said, thanks to some of you for keeping a cool head and not letting it get too out of hand. I know how hard that can be when dealing with a poster like Dingo.

Dingo, I've already talked to you in another thread in the SBC forum, and it seems you're creating problems again. Up to this point, you've been acting like a 10 year old, antagonizing other members, and bashing cities. I won't have that in the Louisiana forum or in UrbanPlanet as a whole. Change your attidute, or I'll be the first one to have you banned.

Archived