Convicted murderer takes 34 minutes to die during execution.

Snowguy716

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sometimes the "best" just isn't good enough. let's say the second bullet missed the vital location and hit the guy somewhere else.

the fact remains that there is no guarantee for executions to be 100% painless. take non-violent criminals out of prison and keep all violent criminals locked up. drop the death penalty and lock them up for life, putting them to work. get rid of parole for violent criminals, they should be required to serve their sentences in full, none of that good behavior crap.

^ Trying not to sound anal. But what good would it do for the family to launch a lawsuit against the government and/or the corectional system? The condemn felon is dead. No amount of money would fix that. Besides it was most likely an accident resulting the felon's prolonged execution. Thus, I don't think the correctional system was out to intentionally violate the Constitution.

I think the time to sue would be if there was a blatant act of cruelty like torture or a purposful slow and painful death like stoning, acts that violate the Constitution. In that instance the motivation to sue should not be for the money but instead should be to bring any violation into the public eye. As applied to this case, this may have been a rare accident. But if slow deaths via this method of execution began happening multiple times in a row or if the correctional system failed to willingly take actions to insure errors like this didn't happen again then it would become a Constitional / human rights problem that should be looked into and dealt with.

Have you seen our country though? I agree with you, but so many people sue when it wont bring back their family or change the situation. I know you may never be able to fix or replace the person/situation, and people feel money will make them happier, but really forgiving is probably the best.

Have you seen our country though? I agree with you, but so many people sue when it wont bring back their family or change the situation. I know you may never be able to fix or replace the person/situation, and people feel money will make them happier, but really forgiving is probably the best.

After 5-10 minutes, they should have just snapped his neck. Afterall, this was supposedly an execution, right?

Humans snap the necks of animals when they won't die, so why should a convicted murderer be treated any better than an animal?

He's lucky he was given lethal injection to begin with. He could have been given the Saddam treatment if it weren't for this nation's pitiful attempts at being "humane" to those who've done harm to others.

After 5-10 minutes, they should have just snapped his neck. Afterall, this was supposedly an execution, right?

Humans snap the necks of animals when they won't die, so why should a convicted murderer be treated any better than an animal?

He's lucky he was given lethal injection to begin with. He could have been given the Saddam treatment if it weren't for this nation's pitiful attempts at being "humane" to those who've done harm to others.

Archived