Christmas Lights?

e49418

Growing up in Detroit, every Christmas we'd hit Lakeshore Drive through the Grosse Pointes and check out the miles of amazing light displays.

Where are the best areas in GR to check out lights? I'm thinking high density areas where nearly everyone does something special, rather than one house here or there.

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Growing up in Detroit, every Christmas we'd hit Lakeshore Drive through the Grosse Pointes and check out the miles of amazing light displays.

Where are the best areas in GR to check out lights? I'm thinking high density areas where nearly everyone does something special, rather than one house here or there.

Thanks.

It's been a little while since I've been to EGR. But Pretty much the whole community is reccomended. But the brightest displays I've seen were the homes on Lake Dr. directly Across the street from EGR High School. Also the middle to upper middle class subdivisons to the east of Breton Ave. between Hall Street and Burton St usually has some good displays going on as well.

Can you recommend a street?

Downtown GR has a lot of lights. The Grand Rapids Museum, Ford Museum, Monroe out in front of the Amway Grand, the Ellis parking ramp has decorations, then Monroe Center and the new tree. Get out of the car and walk it, grab a drink or a bite, do some ice-skating. :thumbsup: Much better than gawking at people's houses.

I've seen the light show in Grosse Pointe along Lakeshore Drive many years ago, and we don't have anything that grandiose.

Archived