Ground broken on new Fire HQ

smeagolsfree

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats cool news. any renderings for the building? I hope it looks somewhat like a firehouse.

a question for any firehouse fanatics out there. i know that downtown has a "Tower Co.", exactly how high can these ladders/trucks reach? i know that it is not nearly as high as many of our buildings, which raises the question....how practical are these ladders? i'm sure training has alot to do with it(as well as nads of steel), but is it really something a suburban crew couldn't do? i am by no means trying to discredit these brave men, i simply just dont know much about it. what really is the difference in a tower co. and a typical firehouse(besides those bad-ass rear-steering trucks)

You said it. Tower Companies have the "Hook & Ladder" trucks, while the "regular" firehalls have a ladder truck and a pumper or two with a resque sqaud in some. I think, and don't quote me on this, I think the H&K trucks can reach about 10-12 stories and that's it. Usefulness, well if the fire is below that level, but people are above it they need a way to get them off without exposing the people to the fire. That's one idea. LOL!!!

Archived