Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

Ground broken on new Fire HQ

7 posts in this topic

Great location! I think it helps to have a location that is easy to get to and from. This site seems to accomplish that.

Thats cool news. any renderings for the building? I hope it looks somewhat like a firehouse.

a question for any firehouse fanatics out there. i know that downtown has a "Tower Co.", exactly how high can these ladders/trucks reach? i know that it is not nearly as high as many of our buildings, which raises the question....how practical are these ladders? i'm sure training has alot to do with it(as well as nads of steel), but is it really something a suburban crew couldn't do? i am by no means trying to discredit these brave men, i simply just dont know much about it. what really is the difference in a tower co. and a typical firehouse(besides those bad-ass rear-steering trucks)

You said it. Tower Companies have the "Hook & Ladder" trucks, while the "regular" firehalls have a ladder truck and a pumper or two with a resque sqaud in some. I think, and don't quote me on this, I think the H&K trucks can reach about 10-12 stories and that's it. Usefulness, well if the fire is below that level, but people are above it they need a way to get them off without exposing the people to the fire. That's one idea. LOL!!!

I saw a rendering on channel 5 but could not find it in the news article on line. I have looked on the Metro site as well. It looked to be all brick and not to forget that this is not just a fire hall but an adminstration building. it didnt look to bad at all.

Is it near the fire hall on Hermitage? Do you recall if the rendering or site plan (if that's been seen) had parking lots or is parking concealed? Do you recall if it comes to the sidewalk?

here is some info i found on it

Key Facts about the Nashville Fire Department Headquarters Building

Recommended in the 2002 TriData Facilities Assessment

Replaces a 1970