Springdale replacing Fayetteville?

bigboyz05

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's another reason why an interchange at the Southern Corridor is so essential for Springdale's future. It would be in a perfect spot halfway between the Johnson exit and the 412 exit and connect to a major artery stretching to the far east side of town. There needs to be a push for that interchange by Springdale the same way Rogers did for the Perry Road exit. Maybe then some developer or other government group would step forward to help finance it.

The Watkins Ave. overpass doesn't fit the federal requirement that exits be one mile apart. The 412 exit is too close. That's also why the Perry Road exit was moved south a little.

It's funny that you say that because I spoke to Patsy Christie, the City Planning Director, about the possiblity of an interchange on the Southern Corridor and she didn't seem real enthused about talking about it. She did say the state highway dept. had looked into it but that it was a matter of lacking the money. No surprise there, I guess. I remember when Mayor Van Hoose first suggested the corridor projects there was some negative feedback reported from that area just east of I540.

I would hate to see the land that would be needed allowed to be developed now and have to be condemned later. It would be a sad waste of resources.

It's funny that you say that because I spoke to Patsy Christie, the City Planning Director, about the possiblity of an interchange on the Southern Corridor and she didn't seem real enthused about talking about it. She did say the state highway dept. had looked into it but that it was a matter of lacking the money. No surprise there, I guess. I remember when Mayor Van Hoose first suggested the corridor projects there was some negative feedback reported from that area just east of I540.

I would hate to see the land that would be needed allowed to be developed now and have to be condemned later. It would be a sad waste of resources.

Archived