Market District Taking Shape

andremurra

Here are some general snapshots of Market District. There are many office buildings that I didnt photograph.

1000004sf5.jpg

Above is a view from my balcony. On the far right side of the photo is the Brampton Animal Hospital under construction. I think people can stop building animal hospitals now. I like how the back of Market District Center doesnt look too crappy and how they didnt vinyl or tin the back and sides. Its not as extravagant as the facade, but its better than what we've seen in the past.

1000013fh6.jpg

Above is the MDC sign of course at the intersection of Brampton Avenue and Bermuda Run (I know the street sign says Bermuda Run Road, but I like to say Bermuda Run, because saying Bermuda Run Road is like saying Savannah Avenue Street).

1000014us7.jpg

Above is the artists rendering of Market District Center. According to the rendering, there will be another "strip" building on the Bermuda Run side of the current building. The foundation has already been laid I think. Im assuming that Campus Edge Apartments will be located behind MDC somewhere. I wonder if they will have to clear the trees between MD and Copper Beech?

1000023zm4.jpg

Above is the main MD sign located at the intersection of Brampton Avenue and Fair Road. Behind the sign sits the Downtown Village development. I would like to see the adjacent lots surrounding Downtown Village to be similar in appearance, but there will need to be a "blend" between those developments and the Market District's more upscale look - or Downtown Village could use a make-over (but I like the shiny colors personally - they compliment the Garden District in my opinion, though from a distance).

1000015ua9.jpg

1000012yt3.jpg

Above is a close-up and a step-back view of Market District Center.

1000010hd3.jpg

Above is the new, near-completion headquarters of the Statesboro Homebuilders' Association in MD.

1000020fc0.jpg

Above is a view from inside the development of the MD sign at Brampton and Fair.

1000017rt9.jpg

Above is the front view of the hospital which is adjacent to the entire development. MD is actually built around the East Georgia Regional Medical Center tract.

1000009gk4.jpg

Above is the back view of EGRMC, the view that faces MDC.

10000081cy2.jpg

Above is the North side of EGRMC and the front of the Medical Office Building, the view from Bermuda Run.

1000022xs9.jpg

A picture says a thousand words and this photo above just shows how commerce is creeping into residential neighborhoods along this corridor (Fair Road) of Statesboro's southside. Everything in this area is a Residential/Commercial Mix. In this photo, the background is illustrated with a highway wall built for a sound/privacy buffer to Hawthorne/Greenbriar subdivisions. Usually one sees scenes like this in Atlanta and near limited-access highways.

1000018zu4.jpg

Above are some of the units that can been seen in the subdivisions behind the privacy wall.

1000019ck0.jpg

Above is the entrance to another subdivision located behind the privacy wall. I call this the dookie neighborhood because behind all these subdivisions, unfortuneatly is the 9-million gallon Statesboro Waste Water Treatment Center. Every time you drive by this area, it smells like someone farted. My best advice is to never drink a Peanut Butter Smoothie while driving in these subdivisions - it will not taste very good at all - haha.

I hope everyone enjoys the photos - Im currently working on a really cool photo topic for Statesboro, but it will take a few weeks to shoot. Anyone should feel free to add more photos of the office buildings or other "vistas" in MD.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its about 2.5 miles south of downtown.

The market district consists of offices and commercial business.

The downtown of Statesboro is improving. Several new businesses are opening soon.

I'm not aware of any concerns of it replacing downtown.

I can see why you might think that, with the multi level buildings positioned along the road and all the commercial and office activity. It's located in a hot spot for commercial development.

Nice photos :thumbsup:

The pictures from behind the hospital make it look huge! I've wondered what they're going to do if they ever have to expand. They're enclosed to where they are, so they'd have to use some of the parking lot. It really wouldn't surprise me if they did add on within the next 5 - 10 years.

The Market District Center looks really nice. Construction on Phase II is supposed to start in January. Are restaurants open in it yet?

if the hospital was able to obtain any property across...what street is that Bermuda Run or something...the one that goes around the backside...anyway if they were able to obtain property they could build on the other side and construct a sky walk across the road or something...and of course for parking maybe a parking deck could become a possibility.

• 4 weeks later...

Market District Center - Phase II

1000409pz2.jpg

This sign was recently erected, and Ive seen that they are clearing out the footprint for this building to begin construction. It seems like MDC has filled up quicker than expected. I visited Barberito's today too - it's the exact same thing as Moe's except the sauce cups are oval shaped instead of circular. There is still a lot of construction taking place in MD.

• 2 months later...

I checked out the new Statesboro magazine today, and they had a whole page ad for this.

It was a picture showing the entire building with little arrows and symbols showing the current tenants. They also had a computer rendering of phase 2 included, right where it will be built. It has a completion date of August 2007.

Archived