Statesboro Upcoming Public Hearings

nova72asu

caught these in the Paper.

Some things of interest...

Rezoning from Office to PUD/CR for the parcel located across from the school on Gentilly. The undeveloped one between the offices on the corner and the residential area at simmons.

Rezoning to CR for an Enmark Station propose between catherine and herty at Fair Road combines 3 parcels

rezoning to R-4 off deloach street

A big annexation of 87.3 acres and rezoning it to R-10 single family and HOC (along the highway) on the south side of 301 North. Its the property for sale near all the billboards. Its between mill creek and the mobile home park. Pinemount is directly to the south. (this kinda fits in with my other topic about annexation, long term how is the city going grow at the same time as not creating a unicorporated island of Pinemount.)

4 text amendments -

1. Signs - to allow animated signs in enclosed shopping centers

2. Parking - parking for restaurants within shopping centers

3. Parking - restrict parking for single-family and two-family dwellings

4. R-4 - allow single family attached dwellings in R-4 district

There is a variance request as well, but didnt seem as interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Council approved the Rezoning of the 2.96 acres off Gentilly to CR, but limited the setback on the northern property line to 25'

Denied the rezoning to CR for Enmark Station off Fair Road

Tabled a request for a variance and zoning interpretation for property on Robinhood Trail

Approved rezoning to R-4 off Deloach Street to allow Townhomes

Approved Text amendment to allow animated sign at enclosed malls

Approved Text Amendment for parking in shopping centers

Tabled Text amendment for parking in front yards

Approved Text amendment to allow single family attached units in the R-4 district

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing too major for the upcoming City Council meeting.

rezoning for a day care

rezoning and variance for future location of animal hospital on Brannen

two variance requests for two seperate auto body shops, one on 301 North near the jail and the other on 301 south across from the nissan dealership

• 3 weeks later...
Nothing too major for the upcoming City Council meeting.

rezoning for a day care

rezoning and variance for future location of animal hospital on Brannen

two variance requests for two seperate auto body shops, one on 301 North near the jail and the other on 301 south across from the nissan dealership

I dont like the front yard parking ordinance. I know the city loves to pick on students, but I think this is going a little too far. I just dont like the idea of the city telling me how I should landscape my front yard or park my car - not to that much detail. This is an ordinance that belongs in a neighborhood covenant agreement, not on the city lawbooks.

The Planning Commission met yesterday.

3 items were on the agenda

First a request to rezone the parcel of land, at the corner of the Bypass and 301 North with the big pong on it, from HOC to PUD to construct condos.

Second the request for the Cawana Road property with the borrow pit/ pond on it to rezone from R-40 to PUD to construct a single family gated community with 65 homes.

Third a preliminary plat for a R-15 single family subdivision off Packinghouse Rd.

The second and third items will be heard by the City Council on March 6th.

The First item was tabled till the next Planning Commission meeting to give the developer a chance to review the conditions the City staff recommended.

Archived